ATX Community

New Website Login

carolynm

Anyone try to search the knowledge base at ATX recently? They've changed the log-in procedure. The most confusing part is your ID # is not your client number (don't ask me why?? :huh: ). I finally figured out to login on Saturday and then couldn't get back in today as I didn't write down the ID #. Grr....then there's the screen that you use if you've forgotten your login info....you have to remember what your security question is...yes remember the question....and then you have to input the answer without the question as a prompt. Very confusing.

IMO this does not bode well for the future....just when I was thinking I just might renew for one more year...

Anyone try to search the knowledge base at ATX recently? They've changed the log-in procedure. The most confusing part is your ID # is not your client number (don't ask me why?? :huh: ). I finally figured out to login on Saturday and then couldn't get back in today as I didn't write down the ID #. Grr....then there's the screen that you use if you've forgotten your login info....you have to remember what your security question is...yes remember the question....and then you have to input the answer without the question as a prompt. Very confusing.

IMO this does not bode well for the future....just when I was thinking I just might renew for one more year...

ATX is no longer the user-friendly program it used to be. It seems like they are deliberately trying to create dissatisfaction. As soon as they dropped the message board they sent the first signal. Now it seems like that was only the tip of the iceberg. Next year look for the updating process to become more complicated and for technical support to become more difficult to reach.

It is sad to see such a once-great company completely changing in its customer relations.

Well, you can call ATX Tech support, and they can give you your new ID #. Then you can get in. It is a pain, but the new security was added because more critical stuff is going to be online this year. For example, for those who do RALs, the checks are going to be authorized online, although you will still print them. So much sensitive stuff, like SSNs, is why the new security to get in. I don't like it, but I do understand it.

One hint, make your password a word or phrase you can remember, plus a number, say Aardvark1. Then when you have to change it, you go to Aardvark2, then Aardvark3, etc. that way all you have to remember is what number you are up to.

Well, you can call ATX Tech support, and they can give you your new ID #. Then you can get in. It is a pain, but the new security was added because more critical stuff is going to be online this year. For example, for those who do RALs, the checks are going to be authorized online, although you will still print them. So much sensitive stuff, like SSNs, is why the new security to get in. I don't like it, but I do understand it.

One hint, make your password a word or phrase you can remember, plus a number, say Aardvark1. Then when you have to change it, you go to Aardvark2, then Aardvark3, etc. that way all you have to remember is what number you are up to.

I am curious? Why wouldn't you write down the numbers that were needed? I don't know about anyone else but I have a notebook that I write down all the numbers, questions needed to be answered, etc. for each of the sites I need the information for. It is a pain and I do use the same names, numbers or questions for more than one site but at least I have something to look at when I need to.

Margaret

That's O.K. as long as you keep it in a safe place where someone not authorized can get at it.

taxbilly

Yes, I realized after I sent it that many of you have offices and possible security problems. I have a very small--and getting smaller--business and my dining room table is my office. In fact, I just saw the entire table today for the first time in a long while as I cleaned off all the papers from a golf round robin I am involved in and the piles of tax things received in the mail. Need to have a place to feed the hungry hordes tomorrow.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Margaret...sounds like my house already. I have a desk in the bedroom office, but cannot find the desk so the overflow lands on the table. Just finished stuffing the turkey after working all day at part-time job. And, just think, it isn't even serious tax season yet. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Never forget to count your blessings.