ATX Community

Happy Thanksgiving To All

TAXBILLY

I guess to be technically correct I meant that if you are a Christian you probably observe Christmas only, if you are of the Jewish faith you probably observe Chanukah (or Hanukkah) only, if you observe Ramadan you missed the boat since it was September 13th, or if you observe Kwanzaa it's December 26th.

Hope that covers everyone.

taxbilly

PS New Year's Day is next year's holiday.

New Years Day may be "next year's holiday', but that was not the way you put it, Bill. You said "One more holiday to go and then it's tax time." New Year's is before 'tax time', which officially starts Jan 11 this year.

Not that my post was intended as anything but a joke, anyway. Happy holidays....

But, New Year's EVE is still this year! Now, I'm getting picky like my kids, picking at a detail and veering away from the point. I fully recognize that we have approximately one more celebration -- depending on our beliefs -- before we're hot and heavy into taxes or preparing for the season or..., and that after the rush of an upcoming holiday we have the even more rushed tax season before we can catch our breath.

I'm moving things around the house to create a home office. It's a real domino effect moving the old guest room stuff to my daughter's old room and her stuff to my son's old room and some of his stuff into the family room which causes a rearrangement of furniture there and temporarily working out of the living room which causes a rearrangement of furniture there too and with pieces moved to the dining room which meant some things moved to the kitchen. And, there's another issue with bookcases and the family room, but you get the idea. In the midst of all the moving, we discovered that my daughter's box spring does not fit up the narrow, turning staircase, nor one of the bookcases fit to come down to my office. That's going to create some redesigning on the fly. And, all this before I can get the office open enough for a phone person to run lines. All my reference stuff is packed in boxes in the basement and in stacks in the attic and still at the company I'm leaving, so much unpacking in my future. Wish this were a one-story house! Think it'll all be worth is in a few more weeks. :D