ATX Community

E-filing 1099's

cred65

I have never done this before. Could someone provide me with a link to info, or just tell me what form in ATX to use. Is it Form 4996?

TIA

You cannot create it under the client's regular account. Create a new account under Payroll. Select 1099 worksheet for whichever one you want. Program will take it from there; creating the 1096, etc. Other answer is correct. Click on e-file and create. It may sit in your subimtted e-files for a while, but eventually will be ACKd.

You cannot create it under the client's regular account. Create a new account under Payroll. Select 1099 worksheet for whichever one you want. Program will take it from there; creating the 1096, etc. Other answer is correct. Click on e-file and create. It may sit in your subimtted e-files for a while, but eventually will be ACKd.

If you want the IRS to share data with states, you must have your client sign Form 6847 and fax it to IRS/Martinsburg -before- you transmit the e-file (preferably a couple of days before). 1-877-477-0572 was the fax number I was told to use.