ATX Community

NT: I don't even know what to call this

Catherine

Unless you live in this area (Youngstown, Mahoning County) you absolutely cannot understand. :wacko: Jim Traficant is an idol. I truly believe that he could run for office under any political name and he'd probably win. I'm not originally from here and I am usually embarrassed to admit to it. Hey, this week they sent an alcoholic, gambling addicted female judge to jail for 27 months for taking bribes from "a member of the Cafaro family" who had many cases pending in her court. C'mon, this is more or less the norm around here.

AnnieR

An organization of crooks imprisons someone pointing out their flaws and the sheeple just keep bleating. Hopefully he wins.

Interesting perspective. But if I belong to an organization of crooks wouldn't that automatically classify me as a crook by definition, even if the rest of the crooks turned against me from some reason?

Not necessarily. If by definition of joining an organization you are a crook, then yes. If an organization is made up of members who happen to be crooks, that doesn't mean all new members are therefore crooks. I make no claims to Traficant's guilt or innocence in regards for what he did prison time. Even if is innocent, he may well be guilty of other things. Knowing the nature of congress, knowing that truth and dissent are ostracized in this country, the probability that he is dirtier than most members of congress seems slim.