ATX Community

Salesmans edible gifts

carolynm

I"m doing a return for a traveling salesman. He often brings his clients coffee/donuts/cookies as treats. Would you consider this as gifts? Or meals.

I would go with gifts, but then, they are not your clients. Some of them are potential clients.

If $25 or less per gift, treat them as gifts. Donuts are not a meal, no matter what my grandkids say.

Hey I'm with the grand kids. I thought doughnuts, honey buns, little Debbie snacks... were just that, a meal. Now fifty + pounds lighter with lower risks of heart failure and clogged arteries I see it differently. Sad though, it only took me 40+ years to figure that out. Some find it odd that at 55 I can run 5 miles every other night and scale flights of steps without even breathing hard. I decided to dump the fat when I was snickering at the, let's say, large folks for laying on the railings of the steps panting like a wore out dog when I realized I was only three steps ahead of them and laying on the same rail.