ATX Community

Not Tax

Terry D EA

Eli,

I know that wasn't what you posted. My reply was to Catherine who posted the MyLink. You are welcome with the help on the NOL. All I know the fact that the form is not available must be an ATX thing because it is available in TRX.

FYI - I had to call ATX support this afternoon for a problem in a 08 tax return. They were not at all helpful and there wasn't a prompt (after listenening to abouit 15)that addressed my problem. Twice I have had returns the IRS claims information was not entered on the client's return when it was. Twice they (Support)told me they could not look up any information regarding line by line transmissions. And, by the way, they will not review anything from 2008 until after April 15th. Huh???? I asked for an upper level tech or manager and all I got was put on hold. In their defense, they did verify the return was transmitted and accepted which I already knew that becasue it is only a year after the return was originally filed. Question - How does one prove what was transmitted? Both times the amounts have shown on the return. My only resolution is to not agree with the proposals and submit a hard copy of the returns as evidence of what was entered. It worked the last time so hopefully it will work now.

I am not sorry that after 12 years I left ATX. There is no perfect software out there and anyone can make an error. Since the CCH take over, the support and their cooperation to help solve any after the fact problems, is nothing less than horrible.

Thanks for letting me vent. Gotta run, my oldest is moving to NJ to get married and my help is needed.

<snip>

FYI - I had to call ATX support this afternoon for a problem in a 08 tax return. They were not at all helpful and there wasn't a prompt (after listenening to abouit 15)that addressed my problem. Twice I have had returns the IRS claims information was not entered on the client's return when it was. Twice they (Support)told me they could not look up any information regarding line by line transmissions. And, by the way, they will not review anything from 2008 until after April 15th. Huh???? I asked for an upper level tech or manager and all I got was put on hold. In their defense, they did verify the return was transmitted and accepted which I already knew that becasue it is only a year after the return was originally filed. Question - How does one prove what was transmitted? Both times the amounts have shown on the return. My only resolution is to not agree with the proposals and submit a hard copy of the returns as evidence of what was entered. It worked the last time so hopefully it will work now.

<snip>

Have you looked at the e-filed forms listed on the 1040 EF "E-Filed Forms" tab and confirmed that the form in question was itself transmitted, at least?