ATX Community

bank letters- vent

grandmabee

What's up with the banks wanting us to write letters stating the client mailed their prior year return. I have done several non filers this year( of course only reason they filed was because they want a loan) and they come back and ask for a letter on my letterhead. This last one I told her take the return to the bank sign and have them mail it. That should be all the proof they need. If they need a letter they can write it on their own letterhead. I hate dealing with this during tax season. It would be nice if the non filers came in during slow time of year.

YOU always have the option of not taking them on. I would never certify my client filed a return, even if i efiled it they could have amended it themselves and hour later. the banks should verify the taxes with the irs not the preparers

My experience has been that they wanted a letter stating that we had prepared their return/s for year in question. I would not use verbiage that we had "filed" return