ATX Community

MN Preparer Help

MAMalody

I have a MN client that seems to qualify for the property tax refund, per the instructions. When I fill out the MN 1PR, the ATX program says no problem, I file it and it gets rejected. I have filed this every way that I can think of to no avail. I know you don't expect this, buty I have even read the instructions for the form and it is still rejected. This is a homeowner, not mobile home, with no business use or rental use. The reject reads as follows:

1040mn150 Form M1PR

Occurrence:0 Seq:0

On Form M1PR, line 11 requires form PROPST. If filing as mobile home owner, file either PROPST or CRP (or both).

On Form M1PR, line 11 must equal the sum of line 1 for all property tax statements. If part of the home is rented or used for busines, Line 11 must equal step 3 of the Worksheet 2. Mobile home owners must include amount from of the Worksheet1.

The last line is exactly as the reject info reads. I did not leave anything out.

What am I doing wrong? I hope this can be solved via message board. Last year I never figured it out and had the client file a paper return that was accepted with no problem. ATX has no clue, I have tried them.

Maybe you have a stray character on a field that looks blank. Try restoring each field and retyping. Also, check with MN for which fields might be referenced in their error messages. Something NOT related to mobile homes or biz might be telling MN that certain other lines need to have an amount. Ask MN when zeros should be in fields and when they should be blank instead. Any check boxes for mobile or biz accidentally checked? Delete form and re-add it and retype. Don't use ATX any longer, so that's all I have for you!