ATX Community

efile and out of country address

Marie

Last year I efiled this address, but won't let me now. Warning says I need state and zipcode, which aren't applicable. Can I efile some way?

On the 1040 Filers tab there is a place to enter the country name if your address is in a foreign country.

Any suggestions as to best way to fill in a foreign address? I have something for the street & I put the province in for the city. But I can't input the territory in the 2 letter state field. Should I just move it to the city field?

Should I enter the country in the city field, too? If I have to paper file (spouse has no SSN or ITIN), the country (entered on filer's info tab) does not appear on the front of the 1040. I want to make sure the refund in mailed to the proper address.

Thanks

Any suggestions as to best way to fill in a foreign address? I have something for the street & I put the province in for the city. But I can't input the territory in the 2 letter state field. Should I just move it to the city field?

Should I enter the country in the city field, too? If I have to paper file (spouse has no SSN or ITIN), the country (entered on filer's info tab) does not appear on the front of the 1040. I want to make sure the refund in mailed to the proper address.

Thanks

At one point there was a trick to this. You put a "." (a period) in the state field, and that tells (told, anyway) the program that the address listed was out-of-country. I haven't tried it yet myself this year as I haven't done my out-of-country client return yet.

Hope this helps.

Catherine