ATX Community

QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification

cred65

Anyone on the board certified? Is it worth the effort and $?

TIA

I am. It sounds good to clients, I guess. Certainly no one has -called- me from their much-touted "referral" service. I get almost all of my new accounting clients through bookkeepinghelp.com (Cheryl & Jim Berry run it and do an excellent job). I also get some tax clients that way.

The best thing about the ProAdvisor program is that, for roughly the cost of new software every year, you get QB Accounting Edition, Entreprise Edition (not that I've ever even installed it), and a special support phone number to access. The certification -- I did it for 2009 just to say I did. I think they've updated the program so you don't have to go through the whole hoo-rah every year; just a shortened upgrade-only course. So I may bother for 2010 in June or so.

Hope this helps.

Catherine

I belong so I can keep up with the software each year; my clients have a variety of years, and I can't have older software to read their files. And, to get the US-based support line. I never did finish the tests, so I shouldn't be official. But, they have me on their site. I have gotten some calls, but one wanted Mac help and another wasn't all that close and another wanted Quicken and one had inventory which I try to avoid. So, it seems to be an active Pro finder site. I get discounts on payroll and accepting charge cards and on payroll for my clients and on accepting charges by my clients and on QB for clients, which has made my clients happy and more loyal for a while until they forget what I did for them. If getting clients a good price on QB will bring me better paperwork come tax time, it's worth it. I used to get free disks of their basic software for my clients, but they don't do that anymore. The courses have been thorough. If you could keep your clients from upgrading before you're ready to, you could easily do without the ProAdvisor designation. But, my clients aren't that easily managed.