ATX Community

TRX Big Announcement

TRX 1

OH NO!!!! I just made the jump to TRX, and I am in the process of putting my returns into the 2009 Tax Works. NOW next year I will have to make another choice and CHANGE AGAIN??????? And I just missed a discount on my old Tax Sofware. Right now I am not happy!! BUT it probably is a good decision for TRX, and I am happy for them and their future. But now what do I do??

OH NO!!!! I just made the jump to TRX, and I am in the process of putting my returns into the 2009 Tax Works. NOW next year I will have to make another choice and CHANGE AGAIN??????? And I just missed a discount on my old Tax Sofware. Right now I am not happy!! BUT it probably is a good decision for TRX, and I am happy for them and their future. But now what do I do??

They said that they will not be getting rid of the current software, so don't get upset just yet!

This is why I didn't chose to re-new thru them this year. I didn't like the idea of having to learn a new software every year. They said that they had a long time contract with the current provider, however if you read what the guy said, it looks like in another two years you would have to learn another one again.

I got on the deal with ATX and now I am extremely glad I chose this route!

Deb!

Yes, I just reread it, and my blood pressure has dropped. I did check their web site, and there is no mention there. You would think they would let their customers know first. With a first read, the BAD always jumps out at you.

I would sure like to know how many years they will have Tax Works available.

I spoke to Tax Works Red Gear at the Accounting Technology Show in NYC last month at their booth at which time they indicated that TRX has a 5 year contract with them.

I hope I was given the correct information as I too am not up for additional conversions in the near term.

Mike Dubin CPA

We have a multi-year contract that automatically renews each year for multible years. No one will have to change ever if they choose not to. I am going to remove the announcement because I am afraid of the confusion, so if any one asked you about it please explain to them we will be keeping RedGear.

Doug Hughes

Every time I think maybe this TRX company is worth a shot, something like this happens. They make a "big announcement" only to pull it due to confusion. Seems to be the story of their existence, at least from this far off perspective.

I got a demo disk from them and was planning on looking at it this summer. Probably not now until I know for sure what software will actually be showing up if I order. They need some stability.

But, if CCH makes a major change to ATX, I might look at them again if they have a couple years with the same software.

Tom

Lodi, CA

They pulled their announcement, because of MY REACTION. I miss read their post. I thought they would be dropping TRX soon, but it definatety did NOT say that. I am very sorry about my reaction. I just had knee surgery, had a very bad week. Also when I got home from the hospital my new computer (6 weeks old) (which I had spent 3 weeks getting set up) crashed, and I had to buy another new computer and set it up. I have purchased their program and I am putting in last years returns to learn how their program works. I am very happy with it, I will be using it for this next tax season. Their announcemnt really sounds like it will make their company stronger, which is a good thing. My appoligies to everyone! I will read things better in the future.