ATX Community

Payroll Software

Lion EA

I searched and couldn't find the thread where someone asked about payroll software and AccountsWorld Payroll Relief. Don't have much personal experience to add (do my own tiny payroll on QB) but just received this month's The CPA Technology Advisor. The theme of this issue is Growing Profits with Payroll - What's the right model for your firm? It has ratings and articles and pricing and gives telephone numbers and websites. Pass it on!

WE use accountants world here for about 40 clients. Some are live payrolls [client enters and prints their own checks, and some are after the fact. As in any program, some stuff is easy and some very non-intuitive. i need to amend a NYS-45 and can't figure out how by myself. however, their support is pretty good and they will walk you through anything. Our pricing is $1,000 per year for unlimited number of clients plus some extra charge for the live payrolls. The big drawback is they work on the float. for our friday payroll they take the money out of our account on tuesday.