ATX Community

SCH D

grandmabee

anyone use ameritrade brokage gainskeeper? I saw in the past where someone talked about being able to download the sch D stock sales from the brokage statement. My client uses gainskeeper from amertrade. I told him to see if he could email it to me and as of now he can't figure out how to do it. thanks for any hlep

>>he can't figure out how to do it<<

Let me guess--he lost money trading without first learning how to do it.

this guy trades constantly.... of course there is losses always short term. I just don't have the time before the 15th to imput all the trades and he hasn't even given them to me yet. He usually prints out all the buy and sell sheets and he does match them up but still four pages full is alot. I told him to try the excel but he had a gains/loss statment which I also told him to email me the file in excel but no luck yet.

anyone use ameritrade brokage gainskeeper? I saw in the past where someone talked about being able to download the sch D stock sales from the brokage statement. My client uses gainskeeper from amertrade. I told him to see if he could email it to me and as of now he can't figure out how to do it. thanks for any hlep

#1 (and most crucial) - Gainskeeper only tracks stuff traded after it was put in place, and it doesn't track mergers/spin-offs/shares in lieu activities well, so take the info with a grain of salt unless the client assures you he's made those adjustments by hand.

#2 - Ameritrade login -->Accounts --> Gain/Loss -->click on Realized Gain/Loss -->Select Tax year --> click View -->upper right corner above "Gainskeeper" logo, click "export" - saves to an excel file.

Good luck.

Catherine

#1 (and most crucial) - Gainskeeper only tracks stuff traded after it was put in place, and it doesn't track mergers/spin-offs/shares in lieu activities well, so take the info with a grain of salt unless the client assures you he's made those adjustments by hand.

#2 - Ameritrade login -->Accounts --> Gain/Loss -->click on Realized Gain/Loss -->Select Tax year --> click View -->upper right corner above "Gainskeeper" logo, click "export" - saves to an excel file.

Good luck.

Catherine

thank you for the help. I have to do the adjustments of mergers etc. I go to the CO.'s website they are good at having the information and worksheet there.