ATX Community

NT Special Gift

Terry D EA

In light of the recent conversation regarding not discussing birthdays and other issues on this board, I just had to post this. So, I am asking that those of you who don't agree with these kind of posts to just take a back seat for a moment. Understand that I am not being critical of anyone but we all need to realize that it is because of the committment of our service men, that we even have the right or opportunity to say or gripe about anything.

All of you probably don't know that my tax and accounting business is,and has been a part time venture for the last fourteen years. My full time job, I am an automotive instructor at Eastern Alamance HS in North Carolina. My students worked this last semester to restore a car for a soldier who has been serving in Iraq and has been involved in active combat since last July. His tour in Iraq lasted for seven months and during that time the date of his return was uncertain. He did arrive home on December 12 and will be deployed somewhere (undisclosed by the military) on December 31. Thursday December 23, he received a Christmas gift he never expected.

The presentation was broadcast by our Local FOX8 News. To my surprise, the story also made the front page of the local paper, (The Burlington Times News). As you watch the video, the smile and happiness of the soldier is all the reward I ever needed. My students who participated are awesome and loved every minute of the excitment of the presentation.

Enjoy and take a moment to reflect on the sacrifice that our soldiers are making so we can post any type of topics, go to work, grocery store, walmart and watch the news freely everyday.I can't say thank you enough to any of our service men for the sacrifice they give unselfishly and helping this young man (Airman Jonathan Hogg) in anyway, regardless of the cost, (aaproximately 5,000.00) which is insignificant when compared to his committment to serving our Country.

Click on My Link to view the video.

My link

Nice video. I hope he actually takes it to the beach this coming summer as he said.

We are not against any posting on the forum. There is a water cooler at work and trust me, there are times that I don't go to drink water because I am busy with deadlines. There are other times, that I do have time for the water cooler. Same is true for this forum. A lot of people are busy and if they had the choice to see only business/tax stuff, they will appreciate. My suggestion is that we could have a choice to see: 1.- Everything, 2.- Not birth day posting and and 3.- no NT postings.

I always appreciate postings like this one since we are free because a lot of soldiers have lost their lives and we all appreciate our armed forces' sacrifice. I post NT stuff all the time, but a little adjustment to this forum will be beneficial for all of us.