ATX Community

NT Liberty finally found my town....

Teri2414

So an empty Payless shoe store a block away from from the local HR Block office is now Liberty Tax. Yes, they already have found desperate people to wear costumes and stand out in the 10 degree weather. They also have a handwritten cardboard sign in the window saying 'now hiring' - very professional (not). Oh well, wonder if they'll be there after April 18th.

So an empty Payless shoe store a block away from from the local HR Block office is now Liberty Tax. Yes, they already have found desperate people to wear costumes and stand out in the 10 degree weather. They also have a handwritten cardboard sign in the window saying 'now hiring' - very professional (not). Oh well, wonder if they'll be there after April 18th.

Had one open here last year. I've already have an appointment with one of their unhappy clients. This is two so far but I expect to see several throughout the year.

Deb!

I am teaching their one week (20 hour) class for an owner this week. It is a decent introduction class. Certainly I would prefer to have my taxes done by someone with 20+ years experience (like me) vs. someone with 20 hours experience (like those in the class I just taught), but I am also not their target market. I am impressed with the "students" in the class, and the owner is a CPA who really cares about the business and its customers and personally examines every return. Their software is good for their target market, and I think they will do a decent job for that market. I would never run my business the way they do, but I wouldn't classify this particular office as a hack shop either.