ATX Community

Payer Pull Down in ATX

RitaB

I notice the W-2 and 1099-R "Quick Entry" Payer pull down list only has payers for returns I have rolled over. Didn't it used to have them all, even before you rolled returns over? Wasn't there a Payer Manager in a past life? Is it there and I missed it? Do woodchucks still chuck wood?

Returns for people new to e-file would go alot faster if all the payers were in the pull down list.

I notice the W-2 and 1099-R "Quick Entry" Payer pull down list only has payers for returns I have rolled over. Didn't it used to have them all, even before you rolled returns over? Wasn't there a Payer Manager in a past life? Is it there and I missed it? Do woodchucks still chuck wood?

Returns for people new to e-file would go alot faster if all the payers were in the pull down list.

Rita, go to Preferences, Open Return and near the bottom you will find a box to check to "Enable Payer Manager". Hope this is what you are looking for.

Rita, go to Preferences, Open Return and near the bottom you will find a box to check to "Enable Payer Manager". Hope this is what you are looking for.

And, when you Enable Payer Manager you have the option of the payers being listed by EIN or by name. I chose by name.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, FNTPI, NP

Kenner, LA

And, when you Enable Payer Manager you have the option of the payers being listed by EIN or by name. I chose by name.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, FNTPI, NP

Kenner, LA

I tried by EIN but it's threw a curve with the hyphen. Everywhere else in the program EINs as well as SSNs, ITINs, EFINs, even DOBs you can just type. Back to 'by name' unless an ATX programmer has an easy fix.

Elfling

Hey, guys, thanks for your input. I already had the box checked (and list payers "by name"), so I unchecked it, re-checked it, applied, re-booted computer. Nothing.

Then, I did a manual update, clicked all, re-booted. Still nothing.

As a friend on another board says, "Some days it's not even worth chewing thru the restraints."

As Daddy used to say, "There is a fart crossways somewhere."

I e-mailed ATX, and here's the fix, (which is what rfassett said, and I didn't grasp, I guess because I had a return open):

"To rollover Payer Information

If applicable, close any open returns.

Select the Rollover Manager tab.

On the Rollover menu, click Rollover Payer Information.

In the Rollover dialog box, click OK."

I really don't understand why anyone would NOT want the prior year payers to rollover, and therefore why it is necessary to manually tell the program, "Yes, I WOULD like to save time and make my life easier. So please DO rollover all that stuff I entered for the past 10 years."

What's that? Yes, a little cheese with that whine would be nice. Thank you very much. ;-)