ATX Community

What are your charges from W-2's and 1099's

Dan

Question: What do you charge to do W-2's and 1099's?

I tried to do a search on this site for this information but did not find it. Could you help me. Thanks!

What is the lowest, average, and highest charges?

I pretty much charge for the time it takes; half-hour minimum charge, even for just one W-2. Plus postage if they want me to mail them directly.

For bookkeeping clients, I charge $5 each plus $10 for the W-3 or 1096, minimum $25.

For others, I charge more depending on the PITA factor. If they give me what I need to sit down and enter data, $7 per, plus $15 for transmittal.

If I have to run down the information, I add a PITA charge depending on the client's attitude and potential for training, but it's still not worth it to me. I hate doing W-2's and 1099's.

It always goes through my mind: "Oh my gosh, I could have done 3 hundred dollar tax returns in the time it took to do that..." or whatever.

Question: What do you charge to do W-2's and 1099's?

I tried to do a search on this site for this information but did not find it. Could you help me. Thanks!

What is the lowest, average, and highest charges?

For W2s & 1099s; I charge $95 for the first 3. After that, the charge depends who the client is and my mood. Generally, $10 for the next 2, the $5, then...

The bottom line is that these forms can turn into a nice reveue stream instead of a PITA.

I charge standard hourly rate. But I NEVER mail them. I give them to client.

BUT.....if client wants me to mail them (or anything else), I mail them Certified, and bill the client the cost, sometimes including the time to mail them - depends on the client. AND I advise the client ahead of time I will be adding the USPS charges to the billing.