ATX Community

Ohio School District Number Invalid

Ray in Ohio

After I rollover a 2009 return and enter all the new informatin in the 2010 program, I get an error message that says the Ohio School District number is invalid. The correct number is rolled over and is in the proper field. The only way I have figured out to fix it is to delete the State return then reload it and put the same SD number in the field, then it accepts it.

Just curious if other preparers (especially Ohio) have the same issue?

• 5 weeks later...

After I rollover a 2009 return and enter all the new informatin in the 2010 program, I get an error message that says the Ohio School District number is invalid. The correct number is rolled over and is in the proper field. The only way I have figured out to fix it is to delete the State return then reload it and put the same SD number in the field, then it accepts it.

Just curious if other preparers (especially Ohio) have the same issue?

I'm having the same issue, and in Ohio. We verified the number with the state just in case. We did get one to work the other day but tried so many things we don't know which one worked...

I have been having to re-enter the county/city field for Virginia returns in some instances even though it appears correct when rolled over. I have not had to delete the state return, just re-enter that information. I don't know if the problems are related.

I have only had this problem once....not sure why it happened on this SD-100 and not on others....the only thing I could do was delete the SD-100 and open a new one...then it was fine.

IT-1040? If I delete that stupid "Ohio city table" or whatever it's called, I have that problem EVERY time. Save, close, and re-open fixed it every time.

However, I have had two IT-1040s that give me a "You must enter a valid phone number" error. Deleting the return is the only fix I have found for this one. (I have never put phone numbers on a tax return.)

Off-topic - do you other BuckeyePreps staple paper returns?

Jim

Edit: Typo's