ATX Community

TRX Support - Red Gear?

John A

A couple of questions/thoughts, maybe worth sharing:

1. Is this the only TRX forum out there? I imagine there must be more of us out there using TRX. I'm finding support to be not particular helpful, so looking for all the help I can get from other users. (And to share whatever I've figured out on my own.)

2. I've been told a couple of times that TRX can't solve any problems that have to do with RedGear, but at the same time they seem to refuse to contact RedGear directly on my behalf. For example: there's a very simple city tax form I need that comes in two versions, but TRX only has one of those versions. (ATX, which I used last year, had both. It's really a simple form, only needs name/address/SSN!) TRX support says something along the lines of "Maybe RedGear will issue it in an update. You can try contacting them directly." Shouldn't they be more willing to do something? To contact RedGear on my behalf and ask that the form be installed?

- John

A couple of questions/thoughts, maybe worth sharing:

1. Is this the only TRX forum out there? I imagine there must be more of us out there using TRX. I'm finding support to be not particular helpful, so looking for all the help I can get from other users. (And to share whatever I've figured out on my own.)

2. I've been told a couple of times that TRX can't solve any problems that have to do with RedGear, but at the same time they seem to refuse to contact RedGear directly on my behalf. For example: there's a very simple city tax form I need that comes in two versions, but TRX only has one of those versions. (ATX, which I used last year, had both. It's really a simple form, only needs name/address/SSN!) TRX support says something along the lines of "Maybe RedGear will issue it in an update. You can try contacting them directly." Shouldn't they be more willing to do something? To contact RedGear on my behalf and ask that the form be installed?

- John

So far my problems have been small and TRX answered my questions.

But I would like to know if another forum like this is available for Red Gear software.

Tax Works has a forum which last year I could access however for some strange reason I have not been able to access this year nor contact them.

I had previously writted to Doug Hughes, Pres of TRX requesting that they seriously consider a forum for all of the new TaxWorks users. He did say that they would look into it, haven't heard a thing as yet. I just yesterday emailed him to resurrect the forum issue, cross your fingers.

I was successful during the conversion stage of having a dialogue with a tech from Red Gear directly who was extremely helpful. He actually has posted to this board on numerous occasions. His contact is [email protected].

In addition here are links that may be helpful.

http://forums.taxworks.com/

[email protected]

It would be helpful if all of us wrote to TRX requesting a new forum.

Best of luck for the remainder of the tax season.

Mike Dubin CPA

Unfortunately I called TaxWorks and they stated that they no longer support a forum. I additionally emailed vbulletin.com the alleged host of the forum and they confirmed that they only provide the backbone, not the content.

Which leads me to another potential solution. I wrote twice to Doug Hughes, Pres of TRX to request that they strongly consider a forum for all of the new TaxWorks users, to date I have received no response.

We all need to contact TRX and request that they support a forum for all of the new TaxWorks users. They did have a forum in the past but may have abandoned it as well.

I don't know how many of us are out there but the more that write the greater chance that we can accomplish this request as well as other issues that may arise!

In addition I would like to commend Eric Brissette who hosts this forum for his time and effotrs.

For those of you new to this board, Eric does this voluntarily and as such we as users from time to time make donations to offset some of the costs and associated time he spends on our behalf. There is a donations button on top of this page as well as for those who wish to donate to him personally his contact information follows.

Eric Brissette

503 Reach Rd

Presque Isle, ME 04769

Thanks to all.

Mike Dubin CPA

I will be discussing the forum option at RedGear, as I am not sure what the history is and where the decision was made to drop it. I am not sure where it will go, but I do have a note of it to discuss in our next year plans.

Thanks.

Ryan

As fpr ,e I am very happy with this forum, and I did visit the Red Gear forum once earlier and there were 0 posts. I beleive that is the reason for the shutdown of it. As all of you remember the shutdown of the ATX board, well, stick to this forum as you know Eric will keep it going. The only thing I would like is for Red Gear to announce this forum on their website so their other users will use it also. Maybe then we will have a good membership of Red Gear users and get more problems resolved as they do on the ATX side of the forum.

As we learn more and more about the program we will be better prepared to answer more questions.

And I want to thank Ryan for his support on this forum.

As a program goes I am getting to like it a lot, I just did a multi state return and the credit to the home state came through automatically which I loved.

And so much for my two cents worth.