ATX Community

Form Requests - 2010 TRX Pro 1040

John A

Can we use this thread to keep a list of all forms/worksheets that we've officially asked TRX/RedGear to provide? That may end up being helpful. If I can stay on top of things, I can edit this top post regularly to keep a list of all forms requested, and which (if any) have since been provided. [Note: I'll limit this to actual form and worksheet requests, rather than requests for improved/altered program functionality. If anyone else wants to start that thread...]

REQUESTED:

1. Printable worksheet showing next year's depreciation expense, to print out with client return

... since ADDED: (with limited functionality):

1. OR - Portland/Multnomah County: Annual Exemption Request (see post #2)

2. PA - local forms, incl. Keystone EITR and Berkheimer F1 EITR (see post #5 and PA thread)

I've officially put in a request with TRX/RedGear for the following form:

Oregon - Portland/Multnomah County: Annual Exemption Request.

See the first form listed at this page under "General Business Forms": http://www.portlandonline.com/omf/index.cfm?c=29558

This is a crucial Portland form. I'd say close to 50% of the returns I do require this form. Any small business or independent contractor with less than $50k of business/rental income in Portland MUST file this city tax exemption request, or face penalties. It's simple form, and all data should be able to populate based on numbers already required for the 1040. I'd be happy enough if the name/addres/SSN auto-populated, and an entry made to the standard letter showing filing requirements, and I can just key in the rest of the numbers.

Ryan - if you know someone I should contact directly about this, please let me know! I would consider this a SEVERE program limitation/shortcoming for anyone preparing tax returns in the Portland OR area. (All other tax programs I've used have included this form! ATX, UltraTax, Proseries, etc.) It's almost enough to make me opt for a different software provider, and ask for my money back from TRX!

- John

Great idea John! Can we also request worksheets? Or should that be a different post?

Beckster

Sounds good to me. This thread would just be to keep track of things; I don't know yet what the officially sanctioned avenue is for form/worksheet requests, so it'd be up to you to make your voice heard to TRX and/or RedGear directly.

Ive mentioned it in other threads but it would be very helpful if Pennsylvania Local returns were included in the Cities.

Other than just a generic Pa local form. Having to edit every return (letters & forms) to incude local info is a real pain. Not to mention not all have the same tax rate, allowable deuctions, etc. Its like doing them by hand. ATX /Saber supported all of them for years and Taxworks claims it supports Pa locals .... but its only a generic form

Ryan -

Is there a particularly way we should go about making requests for forms/worksheets from either TRX or RedGear? How common is it for new forms to be added in the middle of tax season? (Should we hold our breath? Switch to different software? Find a way to deal with it??)

Thanks,

- John

Hi John A,

We have added the requested OR form into the Form Filler and I am pushing it through Product Management to see if we can possibly add the full form into the program still this year. I hope to get that done for you, but will keep you posted. In the meantime, at least the form is there to be manually done.

John (Crank),

I am still working on what we can do for PA Cities.

As for all of you asking about forms, I would think this is as good as anything for now, so as they come in, I will ask about them, etc.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi John A,

We have added the requested OR form into the Form Filler and I am pushing it through Product Management to see if we can possibly add the full form into the program still this year. I hope to get that done for you, but will keep you posted. In the meantime, at least the form is there to be manually done.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your efforts on this one. However - I downloaded the latest program update, but I still can't open the form in form filler. The form is listed ("OR Portland AER"), but when I click on it, I get the message "Form file is ORPTAER1.HP is not yet available."

- John

Well, Pa has hundreds of local taxing authorities, just like Ohio which are in the program. They are moving to a few over the next few years.

Two main forms I am interested in are:

Keystone EITR - www.keystonecollects.com

and

Berkheimer F1 EITR - www.hab-inc.com

These would be very helpful

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

I am sorry for the delay on this. I just got word that we added the requested OR form to the 1040, 1065, 1120 and 1120S systems. It will carry over the name, FEIN or SSN, and address but nothing else. At this time, nothing was added for the letter, however, next season we will add a separate letter for this form specifically.

Thank you for being patient on this, and I apologize that I had previously provided wrong info. I was told we would do it and what time it would take, but then other things were put on the plate of that individual and I failed to get better info at that time.

Let me know if you see it once you get the latest updates.

Thanks.

Ryan

Hi John (Crank),

Regarding the PA forms, I have been told that both are now available in the form filler, but I am not where I can validate that. If time permits, go ahead and take a look. They will be added to next year's program as IRS approved forms with full use.

Thanks,

Ryan

Been so caught up in tax season I forgot to add worksheet request:

ATX has a handy dandy worksheet attached to Schedule A - Points Not Reported on Form 1098 (This is to keep track of points that are amortized over life of loan). This worksheet allows user to input total amount of points paid, date of loan, number of scheduled loan payments, points previously deducted (this rolls over from previous year), number of payments made this year, was loan paid off this year?, points to be deducted this year etc.

I miss it :(

Beckster

I do a lot of work with non-profits. Form 1023 would be a VERY welcome addition.

Payroll tax forms (941, 944, W2, 1099, state forms, etc) I know they're in the form filler but it would be nice to have them available within the program itself (ala ATX).

The rest of this isn't a new forms request but it sure would be nice if . . .

• there were yes/no check boxes instead of drop downs (e.g., for the EIC due diligence questions)
  • in the Preparer Options there was a default e-file and/or 3rd party PIN option
  • Ohio state & school district pages 2 would display in the review and would actually show live data
  • The user manual reflected current nomenclature (e.g., on pg 30 the Forms Pane lists Form, Common, Type, Used but in the program they are listed as XPert, XPress, Type, Used).

Been so caught up in tax season I forgot to add worksheet request:

ATX has a handy dandy worksheet attached to Schedule A - Points Not Reported on Form 1098 (This is to keep track of points that are amortized over life of loan). This worksheet allows user to input total amount of points paid, date of loan, number of scheduled loan payments, points previously deducted (this rolls over from previous year), number of payments made this year, was loan paid off this year?, points to be deducted this year etc.

I miss it :(

Beckster

TRX has a link to an asset worksheet. Just click the blue link next to the points box. It is similar to the ATX worksheet but you do have to specify that you want amortization. Would be nice if it knew to default to this when accessed from the points box. But, not a big deal to pick it from the drop down box.

TRX has a link to an asset worksheet. Just click the blue link next to the points box. It is similar to the ATX worksheet but you do have to specify that you want amortization. Would be nice if it knew to default to this when accessed from the points box. But, not a big deal to pick it from the drop down box.

Kea you rock! Thanks!

Beckster :spaz: