ATX Community

E-filing with TRX PRO

GeorgeM

I'm not with TRX but I do have to say that with ATX this has been my smoothest year so far. I have had no issues e-filing at all. My Acks come back timely and nothing has gotten lost. The real test I feel will be next week when we are able to send the held returns. I expect a melt down from both ATX and IRS. Hopefully this will not be the case, but only time will tell. ATX is due to release the needed updated forms after the 11:00 a.m. drain on Monday.

Deb!

I'm not with TRX but I do have to say that with ATX this has been my smoothest year so far. I have had no issues e-filing at all. My Acks come back timely and nothing has gotten lost. The real test I feel will be next week when we are able to send the held returns. I expect a melt down from both ATX and IRS. Hopefully this will not be the case, but only time will tell. ATX is due to release the needed updated forms after the 11:00 a.m. drain on Monday.

Deb!

The users of TRX PRO did not have to wait to e-file those returns, they can be e-filed and the IRS has them on hold.

You ATX'ers are going to have fun trying to complete all the returns with Schedule A.

I still don't understand why ATX has done this. It means that you will have to print all the 8879 forms and have the clients sign them before you can e-file them.

Personally, I would rather hold those returns myself than to send them on to either TRX/ATX/whatever software or the IRS - at least then I know when they are actually e-filed and when to look for them. But different software companies chose to handle this differently. And by the end of next week, hopefully we will no longer be holding anything anywhere.

The users of TRX PRO did not have to wait to e-file those returns, they can be e-filed and the IRS has them on hold.

You ATX'ers are going to have fun trying to complete all the returns with Schedule A.

I still don't understand why ATX has done this. It means that you will have to print all the 8879 forms and have the clients sign them before you can e-file them.

IRS didn't have them on hold, TRX held them till allowed to release. This was a choice given by IRS to the software providers, ATX chose not to have us send them until it was O.K. for them to send to IRS.

Anyway you look at this, this problem is not with either software provider, it goes back to Congress and their games that were played at the end of the year.

Deb!

PS I've done my share of complaining in the past with ATX, however I do believe in giving credit were credit is due. ATX has been very good for me this year, with no problems, and because I signed up for their e-mail alerts, they are doing a great job at keeping me informed.