ATX Community

Efile Status

Diane

Well, so much for smooth sailing. I just checked the status of some of my returns transmitted on 2/15/11 around 8:00am. Two of them state the correct date and time received by EFC. BUT, the date for sending to IRS -- 2/19/11. I'm trying to figure out how that can be since the 19th isn't here yet. I'm hoping that this is a mistake and they won't be holding these 2 returns until this Saturday before they send them to IRS.

Diane

Well, so much for smooth sailing. I just checked the status of some of my returns transmitted on 2/15/11 around 8:00am. Two of them state the correct date and time received by EFC. BUT, the date for sending to IRS -- 2/19/11. I'm trying to figure out how that can be since the 19th isn't here yet. I'm hoping that this is a mistake and they won't be holding these 2 returns until this Saturday before they send them to IRS.

Diane

What is the status in your e-file manager. Does it say transmitted to agency? or to EFC?

I had several that now show sent to agency. So I'm assuming it means that have been sent to IRS.

Deb!

The efile status in the software says 'Transmitted to EFC'.

Diane

Diane,

Keep checking throughout the day. I had several this morning that were still showing tramitted to EFC but have now all changed to transmitted to agency. It is possible, that yours may be held because of the limit IRS has placed, but it could also be they have been sent and you acknowledgment just hasn't updated. I've checked my ack's three times so far and each time a few more are posting as transmitted.

Hope this helps,

Deb!

Well, so far, I still have 6 'Transmitted to EFC', 1 'Transmitted to Agency'. I sure hope that waiting 4 days to have these files 'Transmitted to Agency' is not going to happen. It seems to me that if I got these files transmitted at 8:00am on Tuesday that the wait time is not 4 days.

Diane

Just got an answer from Customer Support by email. Was told that the date of 2/19/11 is the projected date that they will be sending it to IRS. Like I said before, that is 4 days after I transmitted. I think this is ridiculous! How can we have returns held up for so long? Even if there is a limitation on the number of transmittals, how do they make the decision on who gets held up? I've seen here that others have transmitted later on Tuesday and today, and have had their returns sent to IRS already. I will be calling customer support and asking why some are held and others are not.

Diane

141 returns filed Feb 14 till now. Not a single ack.

The IRS mandates e-file but does not have the infrastructure in place to handle it. Tell all the complaining clients to call 1-800-829-1040 and express their displeasure with the results.

USA today headline... "Inmates steal $39 Million from the IRS in 2009. More checks could be in the mail this year..."

Ya gotta love this career we have chosen!!!

Just got an answer from Customer Support by email. Was told that the date of 2/19/11 is the projected date that they will be sending it to IRS. Like I said before, that is 4 days after I transmitted. I think this is ridiculous! How can we have returns held up for so long? Even if there is a limitation on the number of transmittals, how do they make the decision on who gets held up? I've seen here that others have transmitted later on Tuesday and today, and have had their returns sent to IRS already. I will be calling customer support and asking why some are held and others are not.

Diane

My reading has indicated that the rationing is being done on a filing location basis. Perhaps you are in an area where the filing was heavier than the others that are saying they filed later than you and are already acked. This whole issue is not the software company's fault - and not likely the IRS's. If you want to vent, call the boneheads in Washington who initiated this mess with their incredible procrastination.

Response from ATX:

Once we batch up returns into a group, we have a three day window to transmit them to IRS. Or else we have to un-batch them and start over. What you are seeing in return query is the last date that we can actually send that particular batch to IRS without it rejecting or causing us to rebuild the batch. This will help us track the batches, and get them out in order (first in, first out). the oldest returns will get sent to IRS before newer returns so we hit inside that three-day window.

Diane