ATX Community

E-file

cantup

Good Morning everybody on the forum!!!

I like to know if some of you are able to create an e-file to send it today.

If you are able to do so, or not, please let me know because now I can't create e-files due Sch EIC needs to be approved for e-file.

Tried to call customer service (ATX) phone line busy all time. I already sent a fax and an email but they don't answer.

Do you know what is happening?

Is a software problem?

Or the IRS have not approved this form EIC for e-file.

Thanks for your comments, experiences and knowledges!!!

Pedro

If you are able to do so, or not, please let me know because now I can't create e-files due Sch EIC needs to be approved for e-file.

Tried to call customer service (ATX) phone line busy all time. I already sent a fax and an email but they don't answer.

Is a software problem?

Pedro

If you create Efile (simple return) without form Sch EIC, that will work. I just transmited a return (111-11-1111) and I got an an accepted.

Tom777

Is a software problem?

Pedro

It appears that we are all having the same problem....Anyone who actaully gets good info from ATX, please post it here for everyone to share....In seasons past, we had several good ATX folks monitoring the boards and providing help for problems such as these. Now, with the board and most of those people gone....We may have only each other to lean on

This is a "for what it's worth" response so it might not help alot. Still, I'll give it a try.

If the return is a RAL return, then you have a problem until the EIC schedule and 8880 form are finalized. But it might not be as big a problem as you think. Please read on.

The first weekend of every efiling season, the IRS intentionally slows the efiling pipeline down to QA things before opening the floodgates. This means that the first time you should expect the IRS to issue ACKs will be very late Sunday or more likely on Monday. The RAL bank won't approve a loan before it receives the IRS ACK. This means that even under perfect circumstances (i.e., no problems with the return or the efiling pipeline) the first time you should expect to print a RAL check would be Monday or possibly Tuesday. So, if the EIC and 8880 become finalized on 1/14 as projected, you can efile the return then and presumably have the RAL check approved for printing on Tuesday. So it's not really a 3 or 4 delay, more like a 1 or no day delay.

If the return is not a RAL return, then the problem is essentially nonexistent. This is because the cutoff for the first efiling cycle is the morning of Thursday, 1/17. So long as the return is successfully efiled and acknowledged by the IRS on or before midday on 1/17, the return will fall into the first direct-deposit cycle (scheduled for 1/25).

So, in summary, if it's a RAL return, you have a slight inconvenience. If it's anything other than a RAL return, there should be no delay with the refund whatsoever. I hope this helps.

To confirm what Slappy Tax posted, I received the following Quick Alert:

To: xxx

Subject: Individual Filers

Date: Friday, January 11, 2008 3:40:42 PM

ATTN: Software Developers, Return Transmitters, State Taxing Authorities,

and Authorized IRS e-file Providers/EROs

The first set of Acknowledgement Files for Tax Year 2007 will be released on

Sunday, January 13, 2008, at 11:00 o'clock a.m. Eastern Standard Time.