ATX Community

SS not matching

Pacun

What kind of word editor we have on this forum??? It doesn't allow tabs and it trancates spaces. Please click on reply with quote and you will understand it better.

This is the name on the SS card: (name has been change for security reasons but the name is correct and she doesn't have a middle name. As you know, when people get married they belong to the husband and that's why your name would become "Jennifer of Jefferson".

Name Middle Initial Last name

ROSA RODRIGUEZ DE MARTINEZ

I have tried these combinations and all efiles are rejected because the name and ss# of the taxpayer must match the IRS master file:

ROSA RODRIGUEZ DE MARTINEZ

ROSA R MARTINEZ

ROSA R DE MARTINEZ

ROSA RODRIGUEZ

ROSA DE MARTINEZ

ROSA MARTINEZ

I have copy of her card and no - hyphens are involved.

Can I call the IRS and ask someone how the name is spelled on the master record?

I know she can go to the ss# administration and verify but it will take long time.

I had one of these years ago and ended up calling SS. They couldn't really give me the info, but the lady I talked to allowed me to use the process of elimination to find the error. The child was named Anna Maria Gloria Fernandes A.......! That would not fit on the SS card. It narrowed down to be Gloria A.........! AND...that is what the parents call her. Go figure.