ATX Community

self emp insurance deduction

wendybooth

I have efiled several with the self employement insurance deduction with the Sch Se long form. Tried to create efile today with one and it says IRS does not currently support and to paper file return. Does anyone know when this changed or is it a glitch somewhere?

program update today. mine have all gone thru no problems

I ran into this myself this evening. This was my first attempt to e-file a return with this deduction, so is the problem new with today's update? Is there any sense that this will revert so we'll be able to e-file this type of return soon? I'm telling my client that we might have to paper file. If we do, do I have to send in an explanation as to why we're not e-filing?

I ran into this myself this evening. This was my first attempt to e-file a return with this deduction, so is the problem new with today's update? Is there any sense that this will revert so we'll be able to e-file this type of return soon? I'm telling my client that we might have to paper file. If we do, do I have to send in an explanation as to why we're not e-filing?

Yes, you have to send a form if you paper file and one of the choice is something like... I tried to efile but I got this error message.