ATX Community

EFC41

MAMalody

What is EFC41? I am unable to get signed on the ATX for some reason. How do I fix this?

EFC41 is an ATX rejection.....probably means you printed something after you created the e-file. Go back to your return and make sure the refund/payments match, etc...create the e-file again and transmit. You should be fine after that.

Cathy

EFC41 is an ATX rejection.....probably means you printed something after you created the e-file. Go back to your return and make sure the refund/payments match, etc...create the e-file again and transmit. You should be fine after that.

Cathy

I think one of the forms needs to be updated. Update your program and recreate the efile file and transmit.

When you resave the return before being transmitted, you label it as rejected automatically and you cannot efile it.

In your case, the return made it to ATX and it was rejected.

MAM...

Also, you can open your return and click on your "E-File" tab then "Display Rejection Errors". You will then see:

EFC41: Return changed after E-File created

The return was changed after the e-file was created. The e-file was rejected to ensure that you would re-create the e-file and incorporate the changes before you transmit it.

I purposely make my returns reject when I am waiting on the client to come back for signatures, etc.... That way I won't forget to e-file them when things are hectic.

Cathy

MAM...

Also, you can open your return and click on your "E-File" tab then "Display Rejection Errors". You will then see:

EFC41: Return changed after E-File created

The return was changed after the e-file was created. The e-file was rejected to ensure that you would re-create the e-file and incorporate the changes before you transmit it.

I purposely make my returns reject when I am waiting on the client to come back for signatures, etc.... That way I won't forget to e-file them when things are hectic.

Cathy

I always resave so they get rejected. I don't look at the rejection code because it reads "rejected" ONLY. So no need to check for rejection codes.

It is a good practice to have returns rejected. In the past, I have efiled returns when I am waiting for routing and account numbers. After I send them, I realize that the client wanted direct deposit... but it is too late. Most of the time, I pray for a rejection, but it never works. ALL the time they are accepted and I get rejections on other returns.

There are three rejections:

"rejected" (Return never left your computer)

"Rejected by ATX" Return needs to have a form updated

"Rejected by Agency" You really need to see the rejection codes because it could be anything.

I don't understand, that code is an internal ATX code, which just means that YOU CHANGED THE RETURN AFTER YOU CREATED THE EFILE. Usually by printing something. Go back to the return, create the efiles, close the return without doing anything else at all, and transmit the return again.