ATX Community

Extensions

GeorgeM

Select extension set from the print file and send to efile center. Don't forget to obtain all necessary signed and dated authorizations fro your clients before e filing any extensions!

Open the efile center and click the tab on the upper right side extensions. Proceed as you would file a standard efile return.

Hope this helps.

Mike Dubin CPA

I stand corrected. I filed my first 1040 extension yesterday and found that my initial instructions were incorrect.

I called tech support and they were somewhat unfamiliar with the process. After 1 hour and screen sharing with both TRX & Red Gear I was able to file.

Steps involved

1-Change GI General Information Tab to EXT

2-Change EF Efile uncheck

3-Go to Form 4668 and supress full return

Once finished you need to go back and recheck #2 & #3 in order to efile the complete return.

I voiced my dissatisfaction with this cumbersome process and suggested to Red Gear that they automate this process in future releases. We will see if they heard me and ultimately listen?

Sorry for any confusion.

Mike Dubin CPA

Thanks for sharing these instructions. I haven't filed an extension this year, yet. Now I won't have to panic at the last minute!

I did figure out how to send the extension but not how to delete the form if not needed. I know it can't be hard . Thanks for any help

Sunday

Need a bit more information.

Have you created the extensions in the e file center?

Have you sent them?

Have they been accepted?

Are you simply trying to delete the form from TRX?

Mike Dubin CPA

Sorry I just rushed through the Question. No,I did not efile it . I prepared it,just in case we needed it.

I want to delete the form from TRX.

thank you