ATX Community

E-File ATX Rejection???

miatax

Hi Everyone:

I created a 7004 for the fiscal year ended 10/31/07. The due date is 1/15/08 but when I transmit the extension, I get a rejection error from ATX stating that it is past the due date. Today IS the due date so that is not true.. how do I fix it?? Do I have to mail the form manually???

Let me know. Thank you.

Hi Everyone:

I created a 7004 for the fiscal year ended 10/31/07. The due date is 1/15/08 but when I transmit the extension, I get a rejection error from ATX stating that it is past the due date. Today IS the due date so that is not true.. how do I fix it?? Do I have to mail the form manually???

Let me know. Thank you.

Your FYE 10/31/07 return is for a 2006 return. I believe that you cannot efile a 2006 return now. You'll have to mail the extension. That is what I have done.

Maribeth

Does anyone know why we can't e-file fiscal year 2006 returns that are due after 1/1/08? Is this a problem every year? It seems to me that I did some last year without a problem, but I had the same problem with a 990, and I have two more that will be due 2/15 that I am assuming I will have to mail. I emailed tech support last week, but so far I have not received an answer. At this point, I really don't expect to any longer. However, it did appear from a notice I got when I e-filed last week that this is a problem for this year only. If any one knows more about this than I do, I would love to hear about it.

Normally you would be able to efile prior year Business returns. Because the swichover of some of the services at ATX to the UTS offices in GA (one of which is EFile) you cannot transmit prior year business returns this year. Before the layoff I was told that this would only be for this year, that in tax season 2008 you would be able to transmit prior year 2007 business returns.