ATX Community

1099 MISC Posting To Sch C

SF TAX

I am trying to get income entered under the 1099 MISC input to pull through to Sch C. I have done the following:

1. Entered data into 1099 MISC input (Company names, address, ID's and non employment comp)

2. Verified the 1099 MISC Spouses box is NOT checked

3. Clicked on the Sch C, line 1 rabbit to access the worksheet. I see nothing pulling through to the region for 1099 MISC data(Company Name and Amounts.

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Thank you,

Matthew

I am trying to get income entered under the 1099 MISC input to pull through to Sch C. I have done the following:

1. Entered data into 1099 MISC input (Company names, address, ID's and non employment comp)

2. Verified the 1099 MISC Spouses box is NOT checked

3. Clicked on the Sch C, line 1 rabbit to access the worksheet. I see nothing pulling through to the region for 1099 MISC data(Company Name and Amounts.

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Thank you,

Matthew

Go below line 7 on the 1099-misc input screen and dump it to line 7 on 1040 or Sch C.

On the 1099 MISC, box 1, 2 or 3, or 7, right below the $'s you entered, is a blank like, and when you click on it it says "select form to link." It will show you all the relevant lines, such as Line 7, any Sch Cs and/or F's, etc. You should be able to find your schedule C there, select it, and it will magically appear on the income section of your C.

If you link it to a Sch F, it will even let you pick which line to put it in, line 9 Custom Hire or Line 10, Other income.

Just curious, but why waste time entering 1099-MISC data into a 1099 input worksheet? Why not just enter the income directly on the Schedule C, or F, or wherever else it goes?

E-file does not require the 1099-MISC details. Only W-2 and 1099-R details are required for e-filing.

ATX likes it that way. Plus in ATX, you would have to override the the entries and that can be a pain...........

I like it because, especially with 1099 DIV and INT, as well as 1099 MISC for clients with repeat customers, it is easy for me to tell if something might be missing. (I know, hard to believe a client would fail to give me all relevant information.)

I look at the last year Schedule B entries to compare with current year 1099s to see if any are missing.