ATX Community

Where did everyone go?!??!

JJStephens

Where is everyone today? You'd think tax season was over or something!

Just curious . . . . what are you going to do with all your free time for the next couple days/weeks?

Me? I'm going to take a couple days to catch up on everything that got back-burnered for the past two months. Then I'm going to vegetate for a couple days. Then it's back at it. I'll also be spending a lot of time sprucing up as we're selling our house in order to move to a nearby community to lead a new church plant (I'm also a pastor). Alas, I'll probably also be making a trip back to my wife's hometown near Jacksonville FL--her dad is in the final stages of leukemia.

By the way, thanks again for all the great help this year and in years past. By the way (2), if you haven't already done so, may I humbly suggest you click on the donate tab at the top of the page. I know the site host said he's already covered his cost but if you appreciate this as much as I do I say let's bless him/her (sorry, I don't know the identity) with a bit extra.

Looking forward to 'seeing' everyone next season.

Just curious . . . . what are you going to do with all your free time for the next couple days/weeks?

Me? I'm going to take a couple days to catch up on everything that got back-burnered for the past two months. Then I'm going to vegetate for a couple days. Then it's back at it. I'll also be spending a lot of time sprucing up as we're selling our house in order to move to a nearby community to lead a new church plant (I'm also a pastor). Alas, I'll probably also be making a trip back to my wife's hometown near Jacksonville FL--her dad is in the final stages of leukemia.

By the way, thanks again for all the great help this year and in years past. By the way (2), if you haven't already done so, may I humbly suggest you click on the donate tab at the top of the page. I know the site host said he's already covered his cost but if you appreciate this as much as I do I say let's bless him/her (sorry, I don't know the identity) with a bit extra.

I'll be playing catch up, too. In fact, I thought I was staying home today, but I remembered I have to do payroll checks for a little S-Corp today. I do year round bookkeeping, payrolls, etc., but I am going to relax a little and play hookie a few days.

It has been pretty quiet today. In fact, my only call has been from a Turbo Tax user: "I was doing my tax return last night on TT, and I realized I didn't have a W-2. I called the employer... (ten minutes of explanation)...I won't get my W-2 till... Will I still be able to file on TT?"

I tried to be nice. (It was difficult.) I started to ask her if she knew where my office was when she gets her correspondence from IRS saying something's wrong, but I refrained.

Yes, I agree that erc deserves to be blessed by us users. I still want to cry over all those archives that are gone, but this forum has already blessed me!

May God bless you, too, as you serve him and go through this valley with your wife's dad. Good thing it's just a shadow of death...

After sleeping in till 8 this morning, I'm just now getting around to breakfast. Since I work out of my home, I think I'll run a few overdue errands and visit a friend who's husband is not doing well. I guess starting tomorrow I'll go back to splitting my days between the extended tax returns, monthly bookkeeping for a few clients and house and yard work. But it'll be nice to be doing all that without the deadlines and absurd phone calls that come with tax season!!

It has been pretty quiet today. In fact, my only call has been from a Turbo Tax user: "I was doing my tax return last night on TT, and I realized I didn't have a W-2. I called the employer... (ten minutes of explanation)...I won't get my W-2 till... Will I still be able to file on TT?"

I tried to be nice. (It was difficult.) I started to ask her if she knew where my office was when she gets her correspondence from IRS saying something's wrong, but I refrained.

Well, I guess I got paid for not being ugly. The lady just came in with her three W-2's. That's it. Three W-2's. Cool!

Free time? What's that? I have a dozen returns to finish. I have to assist my mate in putting on an art show this summer, and soliciting out-of-town galleries for more of same. And my employer wants me back at work next Thursday.

And I'm just plain tired. I want to weed my garden, pet the kitties, adopt a puppy (our old dog died in February), and generally have a life.