ATX Community

I'm stuck on IN rtn

MAMalody

I have a client that moved from MN to IN. I prepared the federal, MN part year and IN part year rtn. No Problem. When I go to prepare the e-file, ATX will only do federal and MN, it will not list IN as an option. In checking with IN, they do accept part year or NR returns electronically filed. I have reviewed the 8879 for IN and the e-file tab and am unable to find anything in particular that must be checked. It is probably something simply that I am missing, but what is it? How do I get ATX to create the IN efile?

I have a client that moved from MN to IN. I prepared the federal, MN part year and IN part year rtn. No Problem. When I go to prepare the e-file, ATX will only do federal and MN, it will not list IN as an option. In checking with IN, they do accept part year or NR returns electronically filed. I have reviewed the 8879 for IN and the e-file tab and am unable to find anything in particular that must be checked. It is probably something simply that I am missing, but what is it? How do I get ATX to create the IN efile?

check the atx website. atx probably doesn't support part year IN returns. paper file it only

its not an atx issue... IN actually does not accept efile on part year non resident returns.. has to be paper filed.

jeff

I just browsed the IN dor site and read that part year, non-resident returns can, indeed be efiled using Indiana's I-File online free filing http://www.in.gov/dor/3723.htm . There are then options to click through for tax pros, etc. I didn't do that but it could be that one can file directly or find an ero/software that accommodates but not all do. I didn't pursue to the end, assuming that Mike has already done that.