ATX Community

Efile form approval

samingeorgia

About the first of April, I attempted to create an efile on a return and it wouldn't create. I called ATX and was told that they did not have this form approved. This is a Form 1065B - Electing Large Partnership with 250 +/- partners, so there will be penalties out the wazoo if this return is not efiled. I extended the return.

Is it possible to get a form approved this late in the year? If push comes to shove, I guess I'll sign up for one of the high-dollar packages (Lacerte, UltraTax, etc.) on a pay-per-return basis, but I hope it won't come to that.

Any ideas?

About the first of April, I attempted to create an efile on a return and it wouldn't create. I called ATX and was told that they did not have this form approved. This is a Form 1065B - Electing Large Partnership with 250 +/- partners, so there will be penalties out the wazoo if this return is not efiled. I extended the return.

Is it possible to get a form approved this late in the year? If push comes to shove, I guess I'll sign up for one of the high-dollar packages (Lacerte, UltraTax, etc.) on a pay-per-return basis, but I hope it won't come to that.

Any ideas?

I thought mandatory e-filing only applied to form 1040.

No, for a partnership with over "x" partners, e-filing is mandatory.

Update: I heard from ATX yesterday and they said that they have no plans to make 1065B e-fileable, but that if I was so inclined I could make a request in the "suggestion box" ay myatx. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed. I'll be calling the big boys later this week. I have a colleague who swears by UltraTax and I'm familiar with it because I do some contract work at his office. It ain't real user-friendly and it's horrendously expensive, so I don't think I can use for the run-of-the-mill tax returns, but they have a PPR option.