ATX Community

Sch C Erroe when efiling

mdmcfarland

I am trying to efile a simple return with a Schedule C. When I try to create the efile I get this error:

Sch C(1040) Error: IRS e-file exclusion: Name(s) and Address(es) of person who received Form 1098 must be entered. If Other Interest amount is not associated with Form 1098, paper file this return.

There is no Mortgage interest on this return. I have restored the field to all lines on the corresponding worksheet to make sure there is no "hidden" numbers and that doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem?

I just answered Jack for Ohio on this. I believe that ATX misinterpreted the IRS instructions and will have to fix this error. I hope that the IRS didn't screw up this bad. Unfortunately you will need to E-mail or call support. Tell them that this a programming error and see if they will route you to a higher support person and not waste time. Good luck!

Thanks. I talked to tech support and they said I could either enter a name and address or wait for the fix. They couldn't tell me how long it would take, but I was leaning towards waiting another day to efile. I was afraid if I entered information where my taxpayer really didn't have the need that it would put up a red flag for the IRS.

I just received this answer from a knowledgeable technician at ATX...

It's a programming issue. I have reported it and we should have a fix within 24 hours.

William Tasker

CS Manager, ATX

CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business

William, Thank You for your competence and professionalism...

I am still voting with my feet....

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited on this form. As of closing on Friday, it was not working. I came to work Monday morning and it still doesn't work. How do I get in touch with William Tasker?

Found his email. I contacted him and this was his response.

"Yes, we need to fix that. To get by the error, simply put an address under Line 2 of that same worksheet where the blue input fields are for name and address. It doesn't make sense to put it there, but it will get you buy the error and allow you to create the e-file.

William Tasker

CS Manager, ATX"

CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business

• 3 weeks later...

Has this been fixed? I'm having the same problem. I saw there was an update and I downloaded it but I'm still getting the error.

It has NOT been fixed yet. I know what this says about their (CCH) priorities. They should NOT have laid off all the QUALIFIED people from Maine.

Yes, I have sent e-mails, and yes, I have sent suggestions, but I REFUSE to wait for an hour or more on tech support just to find out that they really have no idea what the problem means, much less how to fix it.

We should all e-mail the text from the posts to all the upper management at CCH. Don't think it will do any good, but... I have a bigger issue with the way e-file errors are (not) reported on the returns.