ATX Community

Form 1040 EF info

Pedro

We get this question about forms hundreds of times each tax year. The IRS and each state and local entity has to approve the forms ATX creates for each year. ATX cannot release them for PRINTED filing till the forms are approved.

E-filing can begin as soon as the IRS opens the computers. I have heard that Jan 13, 16 or 17 is the first day for e-filing.

As for other companies... When their firm starts preparing returns has NO EFFECT on my/our business. If the only reason a client comes to you is how soon you can file their return, are they really YOUR client or the client of the calendar. I'm just sayin.....

We get this question about forms hundreds of times each tax year. The IRS and each state and local entity has to approve the forms ATX creates for each year. ATX cannot release them for PRINTED filing till the forms are approved.

E-filing can begin as soon as the IRS opens the computers. I have heard that Jan 13, 16 or 17 is the first day for e-filing.

As for other companies... When their firm starts preparing returns has NO EFFECT on my/our business. If the only reason a client comes to you is how soon you can file their return, are they really YOUR client or the client of the calendar. I'm just sayin.....

The 1040 E-File Info form is not a filing firm. It doesn't even print. The E-File Authorization Form, 8879, which does print, has been available for a while and can be manually added to the return.

The e-file info form is where the refund type, direct deposit info etc is entered into the return. I have never seen this "form" delayed so long. I came in this morning to expecting it to be available. I have a few returns in the hopper trying to get them ready to simply transmit tomorrow, but I cannot even do that.

I received an e-mail this morning that stated it will be released throughout the day, we can begin submitting today, but they will not be forwarded till tomarrow.

Here is the e-mail:

ATX: IRS efile information 1/16/2012

Updated 1-16-12- The federal and state EF Info forms will download to you today, all throughout the day. You can send efiles at that time, which we will hold and send to IRS Tuesday Jan 17.

EFC reject 30 means you need the latest form update--download that update, create a new efile, and send.

It is only Jan 17. How many of these early filers will end up with amended returns later? I used to make everyone wait till Feb. 1, but now I will do them as soon as I can process them. The rates for my amendments, in this case, went up 25% tax year 2009.

I guess it is just a coincidence that those that I amended due to filing too early have waited till Feb to bring their information last year???

Just tag me as tired of babysitting with the same words about the same situation several years in a row.

The Fed E-file form is now available. Yes, you could download the 8879, but it would not populate without the e-file info being filled in. I, like Jack, am wondering why everyone is in such a hurry. Unless a client absolute KNOWS they will not receive any more 1099 or W2 forms, I would not consider filing a return this early.

• Like 1

The Fed E-file form is now available. Yes, you could download the 8879, but it would not populate without the e-file info being filled in. I, like Jack, am wondering why everyone is in such a hurry. Unless a client absolute KNOWS they will not receive any more 1099 or W2 forms, I would not consider filing a return this early.

I will go ahead and file them early. Amended returns for those folks will be an additional 10% increase over the 25% increase last year. Sometimes I get paid for what I know, not what I do...

BTW, Amendments for other reasons have had no increase from 2008.