ATX Community

CA Efile - Wierd reject error message

BulldogTom

Just sent a return to fed and CA. CA rejected within 2 hours with a code of ERC: 1040CA571. The explanation was that the federal forms were not in numerical order. Never saw that one before, and I have no way of putting the return in order, ATX does that when we create the return. Anyone seen this reject code before and know what it is referring to? I resent the return and will see what comes back. It was a simple return - HOH EIC and 8812.

Tom

Lodi, CA

It appears that the only returns from CA that are rejecting contain the EIC forms. I've had several accpeted and one rejected for the same reason. The only difference from the ones that were accepted and the one that rejected was the EIC forms.

The other forum has also been discussing this problem, and I guess ATX is somewhat aware of it but do not have a fix as of yet.

Deb!

it is fixed now.

They had it fixed early Monday morning. However be aware that if you file a return with a fosterchild, the CA will reject because they require a space between foster and child. I could not force a space so I made a change after the federal was accepted to other, then went to the CA data worksheet and there is a place to explain other and I stated it was a foster child however federal format allows for no spaces.