ATX Community

PaperlessPLUS is not working

Wendy

I was told this year that I had to get the new paperlessplus because document mgr would not work with 2011. I loaded & converted according to the directions. I've just tried to print returns to it and a small rotating blue circle appears for a long time then nothing. Nothing is transferred to the paperless program. Anyone else have this problem & solve it?

Wendy

I haven't used it yet. Looked at it the other day. Made up a client file and saved it. Couldn't find where it was. I found it on my C drive under a default folder. I installed the software on my D drive and assumed everything else with the app would be there too. Now I can't figure out how to install to make the files go to the D drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to v11.1.2 when it was offered last week. That was a huge mistake. The update documentation says the program loads faster. Yes, it does that. However, the time to print probably doubled. It has taken up to 3 minutes to print some moderately-sized tax returns. In addition, with the update, the program no longer selects client name nor the tax return folder for the current year; it's a manual operation. I'm disgusted. My work around for now is to use the PDF button and manually import the file into Paperless Plus. Sadly, that's a real time-saver.

Randall, the program provides an organization system that would be take a lot of time to duplicate manually. It also encrypts the documents on your hard drive. I didn't like that at first, but I know it's in my best interest. Current problems aside, I like the program a lot. Perhaps you can stay with your system during tax season and re-evaluate PaplerPlus when things are slower. And maybe ATX will have worked out all of the bugs by then.

WmMorris, yes I thought it would be a better more efficient system. That's why I was going to use it. But I have my C drive on a SSD HD which has less space and my D drive on a regular HD (1 terabye). I like to keep the C drive for OS and Office Suite but install other programs (ATX, QB, Peach, etc) on my D drive. I used the custom install for Paperless Plus and put it on my D drive but it was by default putting all my files on the C drive. Due to limited space on my C drive, I need all that to go on my D drive and I couldn't figure out how to get that done. I will look into it after the busy season.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps we should start being a bit more agressive in getting ATX to make this product more usable. If I print a tax return to paperless in atx I might as well go out for coffee . I can print to PDF and then add it to paperless in one tenth the time. If we all start calling tech with issues, perhaps they will either get it fixed or allow us to revert to document manager until the it is running correctly.