ATX Community

Minor Annoyance Printing Form 8879

RitaB

Every time I print a Form 8879 (which is every time), an unwanted page prints first with a tiny "(HTA)" in the upper left corner.

Alright, I know in the big scheme of things, this is not newsworthy. And, I just grab it and feed it thru, printing on the other side.

But, I am dying to know, it this happening to others? Is it ATX?

I'm not having your printing problem, but I am having an 8879 problem. Unlike the DVN numbers that stayed the same when you recreated the tax returns, the new submissions ID #'s change constantly, so they aren't the same as on the 8879 that my clients signed and faxed or e-mailed back to me. What the heck am I doing wrong? This early in the season, I always recreate before I send to check for changes in the program.

Since the new revised MEF system went into play part of that number is a time /date stamp and it changes every time you recreate the efile. The ones that don't change are the ones with the old legacy file number. Virgina still uses the old DCN ranges however each state has their own way of doing things. Hope this sheds some light. As for the 4 little letters I have had that happen maybe 2 time this year. Do not know from whence it came. Appers to be the start of a font.

Got an email from ATX suggesting it may be that our printer settings need adjusting. They were fine last year. Take a look at a 2010 Form 8879. "(HTA)" is supposed to be on the bottom of the 8879. I guess this year it is in "no man's land" to our printers and going to a new page. Maybe there is one more line on that form now. Will look around for a way to change the margins or something.

OK, I went to "Customize Forms" and dragged the bottom of row 82 up to the bottom of row 81. (It wouldn't let me delete the cell, so in essence, I made the whole row disappear.) Printed fine. Hope that "(HTA)" is not vitally important, and my e-files are not rejected...

If nobody cares about DCN's jiving, surely I won't get sent to the Cross-Bar Motel for this.