ATX Community

Grrr, 1099 delays

Margaret CPA in OH

I've already had the unsatisfactory email exchange with support and have looked multiple times at the efile status on the website but 3 of my 1099's efiled from Jan. 29 are still in transmitted status while one on Jan 30 was accepted Feb. 2 and one on Jan. 13 was accepted on Jan. 23.  The message is IRS is slow and don't retransmit but why the disparity in these?  Not really expecting answers, just want some understanding (sniff, sniff).

• Like 2

I feel ya!  Sniff sniff - I still have 29 outstanding from the 30th and 2 from the 31st.  Additionally I have 3 that were transmitted for derelict clients that were transmitted after the 31st.  But I have moved on to other things and trust that the acks will come through when the IRS can get to them.  So no more sniffing here.  I will check periodically over the next several days - but at this point in time, that is about all we can do.

You know, I'm not so sure that the delay really is with the IRS, but that is what ATX is telling its customers. Is it possible that ATX is simply slow to post the status of the filings? 

The reason I wonder this is because I submitted some clients' 1099s directly through the IRS FIRE system and some other clients' forms through an online service as late as the evening of 1/30, and all have been accepted. I got emails from IRS FIRE system and checked online at the site, and all are showing as "good, released", and I got emails from the online service showing all of those were accepted also.

This is on this IRS page, not directly on the FIRE site either:

Alert:

FIRE Production and Test Systems - Alert: A heavy volume of files are delaying the status (acknowledgment) of some files submitted via the FIRE system. If your file status is “Not yet processed”, do not retransmit your file as it will cause duplicate reporting. Please check back daily.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the sympathy with or without tea.  My concern is that one filed AFTER 3 others was ack'ed within 2 days.  I've had many years of efiling 1099's so am accustomed to waiting and waiting and waiting but not when acceptances were so out of order.  I, too, have read the IRS info about the FIRE system as I receive virtually all the IRS notifications.  As I wrote " Not really expecting answers, just want some understanding (sniff, sniff)."  I have patience but not so much understanding...

• Like 2