ATX Community

Printing 1040-V

RitaB

Hmm.

I just noticed the message on the 1040-V:

"This form must be printed on 24 lb OCR White Bond paper."

You don't say...

Well, guess I am here to confess that I have not been in compliance with that particular requirement.

People are using that OCD as a crutch these days, if you ask me. And, is that the race card, too?

Hmm.

I just noticed the message on the 1040-V:

"This form must be printed on 24 lb OCR White Bond paper."

You don't say...

Well, guess I am here to confess that I have not been in compliance with that particular requirement.

People are using that OCD as crutch these days, if you ask me. And, is that the race card, too?

I just calculated that I am in violation of the rule about 356 times last tax season and 12 so far this year. At $500 per incident that means I owe $ 18,400 in fines.... wonder if I can set up a payment plan....

• Like 1

I noticed this several years ago. Have not had one check ever come back because the paper wasn't right. Price of 2 reams of that paper don't cut it even if I can find. Dance on. Have you noticed how many times you take scissors to the w-2 or 1099's even though instructions say they are supposed to be printed on perf. paper so TP can rip-em-apart.

>>Somebody slap me!!!<<

OMG I didn't realize anybody else on this Forum was into that stuff too! But I have to wait until April when I have more time for fun!

BTW, where exactly does this paper requirement come from? It isn't in the instructions to Form 1040V on the IRS website, and my software doesn't mention it.