ATX Community

Download problems

MAMalody

I have been having an unusual problem the last three days. Every time I go to update my program it locks up the program and I have to use the task manager to close the program. I have tried the automatic download and the manual download with the same results. I have downloaded successfully every day since I installed the program simply by clicking on the icon on the toolbar. Any ideas?

Mike

I have been having an unusual problem the last three days. Every time I go to update my program it locks up the program and I have to use the task manager to close the program. I have tried the automatic download and the manual download with the same results. I have downloaded successfully every day since I installed the program simply by clicking on the icon on the toolbar. Any ideas?

Mike

Don't download everything at once. Chose to do a manual download and only choose some of the items on the list.

Are you really locked up? I have thought that in the past, but if it is a particularly large down load it can stay at a certain percentage for quite awhile. I have in the past had to walk away and do something else then come back and it was done.

I don't know if that's the case with you, but it has happened to me.

Deb!

When this happens, there is absolutely nothing going on in my computer. I did go to preferences and only tried to do the federal download and the same thing happened. I did leave the area for about 10 minutes to see if it was just a long item. My CPU usage shows 100% but I don't have a program activity light on. I called tech support and got right through...their recommendation was to go to the atx site and download everything individually. So I went and thought I would try the program update. Got the icon on the desk top but said unable to connect to the server. Hmmm. I could connect to the atx site, so I'm not sure what that means. Does anybody have williams e-mail address? Maybe he has a clue.

A program update might help. You need to download the HTTP (slower) program update, not the FTP. The HTTP dowload will download the entire update onto the Engine.exe, so when you run it, it won't have to connect to the server.

Give that a try and then see if you update/download some forms through the program.

Well, when I tried the slower download for the program update, it worked. I got the update, however, my program still freezes up when I use the tool bar option. I havn't tried the forms update yet, however, at one form per download it doesn't sound too practical.

I ran WinDr the other day and discovered that I am short two .dll files. I wonder if that might be part of the problem. I am in the process of locating the files and then somebody to tell me where to put them (be gentle now) and maybe I will be back in business.

If you know the steps to install them, let me know. I am running on XP.

Mike