ATX Community

Just shoot me now

rfassett

Client just called to tell me that the Corporate filing deadline is only a week and a-half away. Like I needed to be told that? Come on man!

When I finish the Corporate return I am doing now, I will only have 42 more to do - not all by the deadline. Wait, when was that deadline again?

Same client who came in and took an hour of your time as he handed you documents one at a time?

"This is my 1099 from so and so"

"This is a receipt for lumber I bought for that project out West of town"

"Ooops . . . this is squash from dinner last night" - yes, I really had a client do that . . . it was smeared all over one of her 1099s.

Reminds me of a client a few years back that brought all of his records in and I had one of girl's (employee) summarizing the info and I heard this awful scream. I went runnin' and she is sitting there just staring at this guys daytimer. He spent about eight months of the year out of town and had written in his daytimer when and where he met up with ladies of the night, Of course he wanted to deducted the expense as ordinary and necessary.............

By the way, you will not see me post a negative comment again for awhile. Right after I started this thread my server went down. Fortunately I have a tech service monitoring my system and before I could get to the server to attempt a reboot, the service was on the phone asking if we were having server problems. They were here within ten minutes and we were back up and running within two hours.