ATX Community

Electronic funds withdrawal not accepted

MN2V

Has anyone figured out why/when electronic funds withdrawal is not accepted?

I used to think it was because the client designated a savings account but I got

one today that used a checking account and it was still denied. I filled in the date and

amount of withdrawal...I am puzzled.

There is only one person who can accurately answer your question. Problem is, they are buried deep inside the massive infrastructure of the IRS, and are only accessable once a week. (for feeding) The security surrounding them is the tightest in the known world. That person knows all the answers to all the paradoxial answers that are part of preparing taxes.

If this person was ever unleashed, the IRS would soon loose its purpose for existance. Therefor the reason the IRS keeps them locked securely away from any outsiders.

Your election to choose April 15th has given the IRS the authorization to withdrawal the funds on "Tax Day." Since April 15th falls on a Sunday this year, and I believe April 16th is a holiday in Washington DC, the withdrawal may not take place until April 17th. Maybe try using April 13th as the withdrawal date?

Had the same problem with my daughters return, back in Feb. 9325 said not accepted, but the IRS took the payment as I had entered in the transmission. Not sure why this happens but it does, last year at extension, had two clients make extension payments, file the extenisons april 1, panic on my part, called efile help desk, they said all was set to go, not really trusting the IRS asked the cleint to tell me when payment was made and in both cases on the 15th as plan

might check with efile help desk to see what they are showing.

I did the return for my tenant and his amt. due was to be withdrawn today. Just called him and he had checked with his bank this a.m. and the amt. was taken from his checking account at 3:33 A.M., but the 9325 had box 5 checked. So the IRS system is working right, ATX form isn't.

AnnieR

I checked on the other forum. A couple of others wrote with the same issue. Here is what I wrote:

First post: Same thing here and called Efile Help Desk, referred to another number for Efile payments (no help), told to call 800.829.1040, waited 20 minutes on line with Ms. Johnson who researched and said it was not on IRS end and to contact software provider. So here it is and I will try tech support, too, I guess.

Second post: I just got through to tech support. Sherrie researched and found that this happened last year for extensions but mine was the first report for returns. I sent the return to her, she will relay to development and reference these other posts and get back to me. Let's hope something is resolved soon!

I think this confirms your experience. My concern is that my client wants funds withdrawn on April 2. I think I might send a voucher with the caveat to watch his bank account and send the voucher only if it isn't withdrawn by the 5th. Still plenty of time but what a pain.