ATX Community

Efile payment rejected

Catherine

Client was set up for payment of Fed tax due on 4/12/12. Efile came back with NO notice on the e-file ack -- but the 9325 has Box 5 checked, "payment rejected."

I assume client now has to send paper check -- but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if there is any REASON for a direct debit payment to be rejected. Valid routing number, valid account number, payment scheduled for before the due date..... ????

TIA,

Catherine

After a ridiculous amount of searching, I found the answer on the "other" ATX board. IRS "rejects" (but still processes and takes) payments that are scheduled. They only "accept" payments that are instantaneous. This has apparently been an issue for a couple of years and they just don't fix it. Nothing to do with ATX or CCH.

My beef with the "other" board is that a search for the _exact_ name I finally found several threads on, turned up zilch. At the least they should make sure their in-house search functions properly.

This happened to one of my clients a few years ago. We scheduled for it to be withdrawn on 4/15. Since we didn't know if it would go through until it was too late & it was a fairly small balance due, she went ahead and paid it herself. Turned out IRS got both payments & refunded the difference. Just took time.

i spent a half hour on the phone with efile help desk, (wait time was about 20 min) had them check on a return that is due for payment on 4/10, I was concern for the same reason, not a small balance $50K, so no way to pay it then wait 6 weeks to get it back, the help desk said all was fine, when I sent the clients home, I sent them with the vouchers just incase and they are watching there bank, so by wed or thur should know. latter that day I got the renewal notice, hugh, got on the phone with suport, sales and told them was not accetable, as more of my cients are not wanting to wirte checks, were you but your SSN on the checks, they are concern with ID theft, and I do not blame them, and the direct debit option would work well, but this "reject" is very unsettleing to say the least