ATX Community

Professional liability insurance

MN dhawk

We use EZ Insurance Solutions with a $1,000 Deductible Limits of Liability: $100,000 ea Claim / $250,000 Aggregate

Costs is only $528. Annual. We have a Financial Planning rider. They are part of Affinity Insurance. I have been with them

for about 8 years. Contact them @ 1-866-225-8464

August @ ADG Financial

www.adgfinancial.com

I went through USAA and have a plan through Philadelphia Insurance Company. Deductible is $1,000 and per claim/aggregate limit is $250,000/500,000. $627 per year. and they worked with me this year to get my renewal date switched to May vs. February.

Anyone who goes without E&O is nuts-like CPE it's a cost of doing business. Cost is based on your expected revenues and the type of work you do-for example, if I did financial statements the cost would increase. And if you have questions regarding anything legal, like doing the mortgage companies "comfort letter", or an IRS request for your records, you can call and speak with an attorney.

• Like 1

I have a policy from Travelers through the Placer Insurance agency. Used to have a Hartford plicy through another group but Placer got me better coverage at a better price.

Your state's acctg society may have a "preferred vendor" program which will NOT care that you aren't a CPA (most likely) but will understand the coverage you need.

Get several quotes; many times policies WILL cover prior years. Also ask about "pre-claim assistance" programs (where they'll give you the mortgage letter advice, or how to protect yourself if you discover a potential error, or a client gets mad enough about something that you are concerned they'll sue).

Don't have the policy details in front of me but limits are about like what the others have said and I pay about $500/year.

Good luck, and GET that insurance!