ATX Community

CCHSFS Tax Prep has stopped working.

Jfnew

I hate to be old fashioned but stick with Windows XP Professional until you must give up because Microsoft will not support it! If you notice most major corporations with large networks are sticking with Windows XP professional so far because it is so stable. I got my Windows 8 upgrade but it will sit inside the box till the end of tax season! I am using Windows XP Pro with all my business software.

Agree........New computer has 7, but I also loaded the program on my XP ten year old.........just in case. I was fortunate to get in under the gate before 8 was the rage. On the other hand, my computer went up $160 from May when I bought it to Dec when everyone is looking for a Win 7 machine.

I was told that Microsoft dictates to computer makers to stop selling Win 7 computers and sell only win 8. I had to fight to get Win XP Pro because they were pushing Vista then and would not upgrade from Home to Pro. They gave me Vista which was junk!

I had that same message last year. It took nearly two weeks to figure out what it was (I didn't lose two weeks because I had another computer on the network that was running it fine). I even sent my computer in to HP and all kinds of things.

It turned out, the Teamviewer Application doesn't play nice with ATX. Whenever Teamviewer was running ATX would crash and I would get the "CCHSFS Tax Prep has stopped working."

Ironically the ATX Tech Support guy was using team viewer to access my machine so we could never figure it out. I figured it out on my own after a bunch of trial and error.

I would guess you have a program running that doesn't play nice with ATX.