ATX Community

censorship on other ATX community

Janitor Bob

And that, of course, is a principal reason for the existence of this board. How fortunate we are for those who created it (thanks, Eric and any other folks with input) and monitor it (thanks, KC, and any others with input) and use it with grace, knowledge, humor and intelligence (not necessarily in that order).

What sorts of mayhem have you, JB, and JRS been creating? The speaking truth offerings or what? I don't imagine that either of you gentlemen has been rude. Perhaps the sensibilities of those monitors is more delicate than should be.

The reasons they are censoring their discussion board is the same reason they shut it down right after purchasing ATX. Before this tax season, the only reason I continued to do any business with CCH was the ATX software.

I am waiting to pass judgment on 2012. Currently, the only problems I (and the firm I work for as well) are the program closing without warning. However, 2011 was doing the same thing.

Another item about the changes for 2012. In the past 8 years, when the client list grows above 250, the program bogged down immensly. No cure. The database used was Access 97. At the firm (2,800+ returns) at the end of season, it may take a full minute and a half to open any return. This is one of the items addressed with the new design.

It is also my experience, that many of the problems being talked about are caused by the user's system. Not just hardware, but all the other programs the user has running. Internet Security Suites by all manufacturers reek havoc on ATX. All the "toolbars" and the "watchover" programs do the same.

If you are not somewhat tech savvy about your systems and networks, you need to hire the services of someone who does. It is 2012, and not having computer skills either on staff or available is a death knoll.

I have not ever been on the other board since it was shut down. I hesitate to go there because they would probably put me in the pen with Bulldog Tom.

They are deleting my posts that say anything negative about the software...even though I state nothing that is not true....None of my problems are system-related. I am still on XP and I have plenty of hard disk memory and plenty of RAM. I routinely close all other programs ( including security and their associated processes) and ATX 2012 still takes over 8 minutes to do the most routine of functions....and I have yet to roll over a return without problems. These are the most basic of functions that ATX clearly knew about but did not fix prior to the initial release....and now will not have fixed until late in the month. This is NOT acceptable and putting a censor with a cute name like "Kimmie" on their board to remove negative but factual posts does nothing to improve my confidence that things will improve.

At least I can post such things here......Thanks Eric and KC. Myself, Lenny the Pirate, and Chaz (the guy who stands on the corner by Woody's Market and drinks warm Corona) appreciate you and this board.

I, like JB, have not posted anything that was not already said here. I have used ATX since the "dark ages" and never run into the problems the "enhancements" have caused. I reinstalled the software and do not plan on rolling anything over or to start any new returns until I feel comfortable with the program. I am fortunate in that most of my clients don't start showing up until mid February.