ATX Community

12.4 Update worse than ever

APF

The only improvement I can see is the speed of rolling over a return, which doesn't help if you can't even open them!

I get this message:

"The rollover from last year was incomplete due to forms which were out of date or mismatched. Please open and close the return in last year's program (you do not need to save it), then re-open the return in this year's program."

Even after I follow the suggestion, still no luck. (I am on hold with Tech support as I type).

Also, the program now takes 5 minutes to load instead of 2. Is this progress???

My question is; when do we give up? If they can't produce a workable program after the 4th update, How can we have confidence that the 10th will be any better?

I am able to open up two returns so far. An S-Corporation return and a 1040 Return.

The program is slower than earlier years but when I wait it opens up for me.

If I'm impatient and start clicking my mouse like I did today, it didn't open up once but instead closed down the program after installing the new update.

The only improvement I can see is the speed of rolling over a return, which doesn't help if you can't even open them!

I get this message:

"The rollover from last year was incomplete due to forms which were out of date or mismatched. Please open and close the return in last year's program (you do not need to save it), then re-open the return in this year's program."

Even after I follow the suggestion, still no luck. (I am on hold with Tech support as I type).

Also, the program now takes 5 minutes to load instead of 2. Is this progress???

My question is; when do we give up? If they can't produce a workable program after the 4th update, How can we have confidence that the 10th will be any better?

I am having the same issues.

Not sure why some of us are having problems and others are not.

I never had a problem in previous years.

Ihavent had any issues opening the returns but Depreciation and Amortization is not flowing thru to 1065 from Fixed Assets..

i don't think any return with a deprn sch will be functional until the irs releases fm 4562 (late feb/march, lol!)

no soup for you!...end of the line!

• Like 1

I just finished an 1120S without issue except for the following. I rolled it over earlier in the week but did not work on it. After the current update, I deleted it and rollled it over again. It asked if I wanted to roll over the missing forms (all of them were just e-file authorizations) when they became available and I said no. Opened the rolled over return without issue. Was very surprised to see the PA corporate and PA S-Corp returns available. So I went ahead an completed the return. Obviously the 4562 is not approved but is functional. My only real issue was the print speed. I printed 54 pages and it took longer than I expected but probably about 4 minutes. The only other issue I had is I like to include the cover sheet for each of the three different returns (1120S, RCT101, and PA20S) but can not figure that out yet. All in all, I believe the software still needs some tweaking and I am confident ATX will get the job done.

So far, the only return that I have rolled over that I cannot open is an 1120. I get the same error message APF mentioned on that return and it will not open. I am waiting to see what happens, but I feel like I will be on line with tech support over that return. I have had that error message in previous years for an occasional return, but usually opening and closing it in the prior year program solves the issue. This time it did not. I have not printed any returns yet.

What do you do in the situation where a return was rolled over prior to the 12.4 update and a bunch of information was entered (farm sale). Now after the update, when I try to open the return I get the same message about going to 2011 and reopening the return then rolling it over again. If I do that, all the information that was entered will be lost.

Any ideas on how to open the return and still have the information that was entered prior to the update?

Ray, this is what the ATX Blog says. Don't know if it applies to your situation. Cannot Open Rolled Return after 12.4

Scenario: You are getting the message “The Rollover from last year was incomplete due to forms which were out of date or mismatched. Please open and close the return in last year’s program (you do not need to save it), then re-open the return in this year’s program.” after updating to 12.4

Solution to try: Immediately try to open the return again on the same workstation in 2012. Do not go into 2011 and follow the on screen directions. We have identified an issue where the rollover service is timing out. If you re-open the return immediately it initiaizes the service again to successfully open the return.

Permanent Solution: We will correct the timing of the service in a future update.

What do you do in the situation where a return was rolled over prior to the 12.4 update and a bunch of information was entered (farm sale). Now after the update, when I try to open the return I get the same message about going to 2011 and reopening the return then rolling it over again. If I do that, all the information that was entered will be lost.

Any ideas on how to open the return and still have the information that was entered prior to the update?

I have decided not to enter any information in the 2012 program till all the bugs get fixed. If you choose to, you will probably be entering it all again. Still have 11 days till we can file. I will wait and only do things once.

• Like 1

installed 12.4 last night. So far no problems rolling over or opening returns. Depreciation is flowing to Sch C as it should...but depreciation amounts are different than they were before 12.4 install. I do not remember exactly what the numbers were, but I know that on at least one return with a few assets (including a vehicle), the total depreciation is less than it was before 12.4.....not sure why.

Other than overall slowness, I have no major problems, but I have only rolled over 2 returns and created one new one. My main complaint is the slowness when trying to enter information in the return...especially Sch C. I hesitate to complain, however, because at least I can open and work on my rolled over returns.