ATX Community

TaxExact Problems/Issues

TaxMan74

Hi,

Please post all the issue in this post. I will compile and have them here (1st post) for our easy reference.

1) Capital gains worksheet does not allow VARIOUS or INHERITED as a literal in the purchased date field - reported by Don In Upstate NY

Response: When we updated to version .10 the developers reformatted the form with various and Inherited it will be corrected in the next update. (01/21)

2) Invoicing by form won't flow to pro formaed returns.

3) Form 8829 Real estate tax and Mortgage Interest deduction not subtracted from Sch A. causing more than 100% of those expenses being deducted.

Response: I just did the 8829 and if you do the 8829 form first and put in your indirect expenses, then choose the schedule A the unused portion of the property taxes and mortgage interest does flow to the schedule A.(01/21)

4) Taxpayer Name Formatting on 1040EZ , 1040A and many schedules wrong or missing.?

Response:This should be corrected in the next update (01/21)

5) LBL_ fields in Sch C ?

Response:This should be corrected in the next update (01/21)

6) When will state updates be turned on ?

7) Form 8829 line #40 not calculating.

8) Form 8829 Real estate tax and Mortgage Interest deduction not subtracted from Sch A. causing more than 100% of those expenses being deducted.

Response: See above same as question 3 (01/21)

9) Taxpayer Name Formatting on 1040EZ , 1040A and many schedules wrong or missing.

Response: See above same as question 4 (01/21)

10) When will the import of stock transaction from Excel will be ready?

11) Prices not flowing to invoice for most forms on proformaed and new returns alike.

12) Invoice does not have header with company or preparer name. Is that even planned in the future?

13) Typos in Client Information Sheet, such as: a)"Is your spouse itemized deductions?" b)"Occupation of death only if in Last year or this year:" c)No line for "Surviving Spouse:" d) the questions "Blind?" and "Disabled?" share a "No" box

14) Proformaed Return Issues : a)Proformaed returns don't pull prices out of default price list. b)Proformaed returns show only taxpayer's first name and SSN, no last name, no address. c) For MFJ returns, only spouse's first name and taxpayer's SSN, no last name, no address.

Response: I am getting this fixed, at first I was not following you but I get it now.

15) Program is not allowing a dependent last name to be different than the taxpayer. If overridden on interview mode it defaults back to taxpayer last name. If overridden in the input mode it gives a Error Rejection Code.

16) Program is not allowing a dependent last name to be different than the taxpayer. If overridden on interview mode it defaults back to taxpayer last name. If overridden in the input mode it gives a Error Rejection Code.

Hi,

Please post all the issue in this post. I will compile and have them here (1st post) for our easy reference.

1) Capital gains worksheet does not allow VARIOUS or INHERITED as a literal in the purchased date field - reported by Don In Upstate NY

2)

Thank you for doing this!! Please make sure you give Details so I can recreate the problems and fix them. If you need to explain in detail my email is [email protected]

Doug

Form 8829 line #40 not calculating.

Form 8829 Real estate tax and Mortgage Interest deduction not subtracted from Sch A. causing more than 100% of those expenses being deducted.

Taxpayer Name Formatting on 1040EZ , 1040A and many schedules wrong or missing.

LBL_ fields in Sch C

When will state updates be turned on. It was on for a few days then shut off. I need to test states to see if the data flows from Fed to states accurately? Can you just recreate how it worked with the Redgear product? I never had any issue with that working for all the state variances and exceptions.

Hi,

2) Invoicing by form won't flow to proformaed returns.

3) Form 8829 Real estate tax and Mortgage Interest deduction not subtracted from Sch A. causing more than 100% of those expenses being deducted.

4) Taxpayer Name Formatting on 1040EZ , 1040A and many schedules wrong or missing.

5) LBL_ fields in Sch C

6) When will state updates be turned on.

Doug, I don't want to sound like a nag! But can TRX do something like this on the member website. I think this is a better way for us to post our concerns and for you to give updates. We are not getting any progress updates in one place. We have to read each and every post to find out what is going on.

When will we get the update that will correctly proforma 2011 returns with all the details. I can not hold back much longer my clients who are calling and demanding I do their return now (yes they know IRS will not do anything until 30th). I am afraid if I say no again they will walk right into Walmart and see the JH guy!

Here is an example from your prior partner!

http://blog.redgeartech.com/top-support-topics/

Doug, I don't want to sound like a nag! But can TRX do something like this on the member website. I think this is a better way for us to post our concerns and for you to give updates. We are not getting any progress updates in one place. We have to read each and every post to find out what is going on.

When will we get the update that will correctly proforma 2011 returns with all the details. I can not hold back much longer my clients who are calling and demanding I do their return now (yes they know IRS will not do anything until 30th). I am afraid if I say no again they will walk right into Walmart and see the JH guy!

Here is an example from your prior partner!

http://blog.redgeartech.com/top-support-topics/

It would not be productive to pull a developer off tax software to put them on creating a blog right now. We have 6000+- customers, and you are the only one to ever ask us to build a blog, as for keeping you informed we make a release almost everyday and I post the release notes on this site each along with the release notes I added to the update window so you would see the highlights. I have been doing taxes for almost 30 years and I have several hundred customers and not one has threatened to go somewhere else because the trust and respect they have for me doing their taxes prevents this. Several of our clients are Bank Product people too and these are typically the ones that push you the most and I would hope none of your clients think they could leave you and go to Wal-Mart (JH) and get the service you would provide them, mine would not.

I was hoping you could email me these types of things so we can keep this thread on subject, it is hard for me to listen to 30 different threads that are not on subject.

Doug

Doug if you are short on developers I would NOT want you to pull them off the job and create a separate blog. But do you not see my point about lack of communication of progress on the issues from your company. You say you have daily updates, then I must be missing them. Your updates previously did not even say what it was updating till some of us complained.

We both are experienced professionals, but I can tell you that my communication to my clients are 100% better than yours. The people who I am afraid will go to Walmart are the people who get EIC and they have been flooded with ads in our area as to who is doing them right now. When you get a flat in your car and you called the repair guy and he said he can't do it now because his tool is broke, are you going to stand by the side of the road or make another call??? :scratch_head:

I am willing to give you another chance, you have not updated any of us when proforma will work. When will you turn on states. I am telling you right now this week is it. If I do NOT see any progress by Friday I am gone! :wall:

Doug if you are short on developers I would NOT want you to pull them off the job and create a separate blog. But do you not see my point about lack of communication of progress on the issues from your company. You say you have daily updates, then I must be missing them. Your updates previously did not even say what it was updating till some of us complained.

We both are experienced professionals, but I can tell you that my communication to my clients are 100% better than yours. The people who I am afraid will go to Walmart are the people who get EIC and they have been flooded with ads in our area as to who is doing them right now. When you get a flat in your car and you called the repair guy and he said he can't do it now because his tool is broke, are you going to stand by the side of the road or make another call??? :scratch_head:

I am willing to give you another chance, you have not updated any of us when proforma will work. When will you turn on states. I am telling you right now this week is it. If I do NOT see any progress by Friday I am gone! :wall:

Again please email me non thread related items. I cannot understand why it is so hard for you to email me your issues [email protected] like others do. But it also would not matter if I had 50 or 5000 developers I would not pull a single one off the tax program to create a blog right now.

Doug

Doug, I have previously e-mailed you and Karen 3 times at the e-mail address you provide above BUT never got a response back from you. i have tried calling on your toll free # only to wait for someone to talk, I don't have all day to wait on the phone. I have left offline message on your chat line, never heard back.

This is the only forum where you seem to be responding quickly that too started this week.

I already said that if you can't spare developer then blog is not a priority. You don't seem to be getting the point of the frustration of your users.

Do you have another e-mail address, that you respond??

Doug, I have previously e-mailed you and Karen 3 times at the e-mail address you provide above BUT never got a response back from you. i have tried calling on your toll free # only to wait for someone to talk, I don't have all day to wait on the phone. I have left offline message on your chat line, never heard back.

This is the only forum where you seem to be responding quickly that too started this week.

I already said that if you can't spare developer then blog is not a priority. You don't seem to be getting the point of the frustration of your users.

Do you have another e-mail address, that you respond??

[email protected] and I do respond to my emails as anyone who has emailed me will tell you so. The comment you made on how many developers was saying I did not have enough when in fact if you will get the point it does not matter how many I have I am not going to create a blog this week or next. Taxed all I am asking is plain email me your issues I will address them and lets not have 40 pages on this thread not on subject but that is to late.

Doug

Doug, I see this is not going anywhere because of your attitude! I emailed you and Karen on 1/12, 1/14 and 1/17 and in between those called your # and left message offline on chat. You may respond to other people but you have not responded back on any of those three emails.

Even till this minute you can not tell when you will turn on states and when will proforma be working to bring all the 2011 data forward? How many times do I have to ask that question?

Why should I try to e-mail again when you don't respond. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!

So I think it is better we end this relationship amicably. Please give me my refund and I will not bother you again. Please give me a # where I can call tomorrow to get my refund!

Doug, I see this is not going anywhere because of your attitude! I emailed you and Karen on 1/12, 1/14 and 1/17 and in between those called your # and left message offline on chat. You may respond to other people but you have not responded back on any of those three emails.

Even till this minute you can not tell when you will turn on states and when will proforma be working to bring all the 2011 data forward? How many times do I have to ask that question?

Why should I try to e-mail again when you don't respond. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!

So I think it is better we end this relationship amicably. Please give me my refund and I will not bother you again. Please give me a # where I can call tomorrow to get my refund!

I do not know what offline on chat is, so I probablly did not get your message. What is your name so I can check into your account to verify. Please note not one time have I ever asked you to email Karen only me at [email protected] so again if you want my help on this EMAIL me not Karen. EMAIL ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS PLEASE!!!! this is not because of my attitude.

Doug

I do not know what offline on chat is, so I probablly did not get your message. What is your name so I can check into your account to verify. Please note not one time have I ever asked you to email Karen only me at [email protected] so again if you want my help on this EMAIL me not Karen. EMAIL ME YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS PLEASE!!!! this is not because of my attitude.

Doug

The Offline Chat is a feature of your website www.trxsoftware.com. It pops up if you go there and during evening it says please leave a message. Does that ring a bell?

No you did not ask me to e-mail Karen. When I emailed I put your e-mail address and [email protected] in all 3 messages and those did not bounce back so I know it got to your mail server.

I will try one final time and e-mail you my account#, CID etc so that you can verify to process my refund.

Don't know what LBL fields are in Form 8867 questionnaire.

Prices not flowing to invoice for most forms on proformaed and new returns alike.

Invoice does not have header with company or preparer name. Is that even planned in the future?

Typos in Client Information Sheet, such as:

"Is your spouse itemized deductions?"

"Occupation of death only if in Last year or this year:"

No line for "Surviving Spouse:"

the questions "Blind?" and "Disabled?" share a "No" box

Hi,

When we updated to version .10 the developers reformatted the form with various and Inherited it will be corrected in the next update.

2) Invoicing by form won't flow to proformaed returns.

I just did the 8829 and if you do the 8829 form first and put in your indirect expenses, then choose the schedule A the unused portion of the property taxes and mortgage interest does flow to the schedule A.

4) Taxpayer Name Formatting on 1040EZ , 1040A and many schedules wrong or missing.?

This should be corrected in the next update

5) LBL_ fields in Sch C ?

This should be corrected in the next update

6) When will state updates be turned on ?

7) Form 8829 line #40 not calculating.

8) Form 8829 Real estate tax and Mortgage Interest deduction not subtracted from Sch A. causing more than 100% of those expenses being deducted.

See above same as question 3

9) Taxpayer Name Formatting on 1040EZ , 1040A and many schedules wrong or missing.

See above same as question 4

10) When will the import of stock transaction from Excel will be ready?

Doug,

"3) Form 8829 Real estate tax and Mortgage Interest deduction not subtracted from Sch A. causing more than 100% of those expenses being deducted.

I just did the 8829 and if you do the 8829 form first and put in your indirect expenses, then choose the schedule A the unused portion of the property taxes and mortgage interest does flow to the schedule A."

I would assume that the majority prepare SchA BEFORE they work on the Form 8829. At least thats the way I do it.

Crank, I noticed that one of the programs I used in the last couple of years (there's been so many since since ATX messed everyone up) did the same thing, and, actually, I found I liked doing the 8829 first, and having the balance go to the A. For me, it was one less entry to re-type. The order I use now is - client info, W-2's, C (including 8829), E, B, A, and then whatever else might be needed. Hey, sometimes a little change can spice things up! ;))

Doug,

"3) Form 8829 Real estate tax and Mortgage Interest deduction not subtracted from Sch A. causing more than 100% of those expenses being deducted.

I just did the 8829 and if you do the 8829 form first and put in your indirect expenses, then choose the schedule A the unused portion of the property taxes and mortgage interest does flow to the schedule A."

I would assume that the majority prepare SchA BEFORE they work on the Form 8829. At least thats the way I do it.

If you were to do the schedule A first the tax pro would have to put the mortgage interest and property tax to the side and not enter it. The information from the 8829 flows to the schedule A, If the tax pro were to enter it twice there is no way of knowing that the accounts were the same.

I just tried it. I did not enter anything on Sch A. Went straight to Sch C and then Form 8829. Entered all the necessary data. The line #40 is still 0. No depreciation calculated.

Then went back to Sch A to see what just happened. Find Line 10,11,15 still 0. But line 9 now has the balance of Re tax BUT line 6 where it should go is still 0.

So what am I doing wrong. What is the correct process.

When we proforma, we go through Sch A first to go over the taxes (Income, Sales, Personal Property etc). I usually do a Sch A check first before I go to Sch C. The reason most MFJ people ask me what would be the tax situation with/ out the business. It is a very natural question. I don't see this software allowing what if analysis.

In the old software we could copy that return to a different directory and do what if. I tried on this you can NOT copy just move that client around. Can this be changed if there are restrictions of when a Sch A can be touched?

So now what do i have to do if i can't do A first.

Can we please make it work like 2011??

Doug pls. check your e-mail, i sent that 2 hours back.