ATX Community

TRX Latest UPdate Release

Terry D EA

Here are the details of the latest updates. Looks like some serious progress has been made.

Highlights for update 4.0.0.11

• Corrected issue with client information not saving across networks and several other Networking bugs.
  • Asset summary is now present when printing.
  • Corrected issue which prevented Preparer Information from appearing on print preview of Form 1040 page 2.
  • Corrected issue which showed Tax Payer middle initial with no space between first name on Forms 1040A and 1040EZ on print preview.
  • Corrected issue which showed Address with zip code before city and state for forms 1040A and 1040EZ on print preview.
  • Corrected issue which prevented the input of INHERITED and VARIOUS on purchase dates for form 8949.
  • Corrected several bugs causing several AEC errors to appear even though the error did not exist.
  • Corrected AEC which wrongly suggested TP is younger than 65.
  • Corrected issue causing the Line 1a statement amount on Schedule C to not appear on line 1a and be added to total of line 31.
  • Removed code on line 1a of Schedule C.
  • Corrected issue which caused line 16 of Form 8917 not to carry its information to the corresponding lines of forms 1040 and 1040A.
  • Corrected issue with Form 8889 putting the wrong line amount on line 21 of Form 1040.
  • Corrected issue which prevented dependents from qualifying for CTC even though they meet the requirements.
  • Corrected issues with form 2106 Business Mileage-Standard Mileage Deduction.
  • Removed code on the first line of Form 2106 instructions.
  • Corrected issue which caused amounts not to appear on Form Peek/Print Preview of form W2
  • Edit to last question of Form 8867
  • Corrected issue which caused dependent age to be calculated as one year older than it should.
  • Corrected Price List total charges not adding a second decimal place.
  • Atlas Bank Application Released � Fee Propagation is still being finalized and may not display correctly.

Highlights for 4.0.0.12

· Removed �reserved� from line 23 Form 1040 and corrected calculation error.

· Resolved Issue with Sales Tax Worksheet Schedule A.

· Corrected issue causing invoice comments to be cut off on print preview.

· Removed instructions from several forms on print preview.

· Corrected issue which prevented line 9 of 1099R Simplified Method Worksheet from transferring to line 16b of Form 1040.

· Corrected error in calculation of Column C of form 1116.

· Added option to choose ownership for either TP or SP on form 8949.

· Corrected bugs on custom letter.

· Corrected AEC message asking for HSH box to be checked even when the check mark is already there.

· Corrected misalignment of entry field descriptions on Form 8283.

· Removed �reserved� from line 13 of Schedule A.

· Added question for TP as student.

· Corrected dependent information relation between Interview Mode, Client Information Sheet and Statement 1040 Dependents.

· Added more options on Return Information Sheet for Non-paid tax preparers.

· Corrected issue causing New EIN�s entered on Form W2 not to be saved as well as the employer information.

· Corrected issue which caused information to be placed on the wrong places of the print preview of Schedule F.

· Corrected issue which caused line 7 to not show the code checked i.e. (HSH) on print preview.

· Corrected issue in which bank related fees did not propagate.

TERRY HAVE YOU TRIED TO PROFORMA LAST YR CLIENT/ ARE YOU ABLE TO SEE ANYTHING OTHER THAN NAME ADDRESS OF TAXPAYER AND DEPENDENT?

I DID A COMPLETE REINSTALL OF UPDATE 11 AND 12 RIGHT AFTER THAN AND STILL NO PRIOR YR DATA. DO YOU KNOW WHEN WE WILL SEE PRIOR YR DATA?

Ok guys, I don't want to spend the rest of the week as a beta tester for TRX and losing my own clients to competition. I am ready to move on to something that I can trust will work for me.

I downloaded update 12, recreated my test case and still find the following:

1) Form 8829, no taxpayer name or SS# as required on top

2) Line #40 date placed in service can not be the year 2012 because it calculates 0 for depreciation percentage. If you put a date before 2012 it will calculate. This is the 2012 form???

3) Sch A line 6 is still blank, line 9 is correct. Line 10,11 still blank but line 15 is correct

4) Sch A line 21 is buggy. If only one entry it will print the item but put 0 in the line but grand total is correct. If more than one entry the last item is printed instead of printing see statement, because the statement itemizes the entry.

5) Still can't proforma existing clients from 2011 version with any data other than name and address. That is not acceptable so late in the game.

6) My state has been live and accepting E files but TRX has not even turned it on so that I can see if that works correctly. Most competitor software has it live.

I got a full schedule on Saturday, and I do NOT see TRX fixing all these issues by then for me to work on any of my existing client's returns.

I don't know when the next update is that will fix proforma but without that this software is useless to me.

If you look at the details of the update, the proforma issue was not included. I have proformaed all of my individual clients and all of the data is there. I have not been able to proforma any of my business clients. I will be asking about this and the state issue in my e-mail to Doug. Doug has given me permission to tell you all that he is not posting on this board because he is tired of being chastised by some folks here. He will, and has, responded to e-mail. Any other issues that are not listed in the updates, need to be listed here in detail so I can e-mail them to Doug or you can e-mail them to him yourself.

Ok guys, I don't want to spend the rest of the week as a beta tester for TRX and losing my own clients to competition. I am ready to move on to something that I can trust will work for me.

1) Form 8829, no taxpayer name or SS# as required on top

2) Line #40 date placed in service can not be the year 2012 because it calculates 0 for depreciation percentage. If you put a date before 2012 it will calculate. This is the 2012 form???

3) Sch A line 6 is still blank, line 9 is correct. Line 10,11 still blank but line 15 is correct

4) Sch A line 21 is buggy. If only one entry it will print the item but put 0 in the line but grand total is correct. If more than one entry the last item is printed instead of printing see statement, because the statement itemizes the entry.

5) Still can't proforma existing clients from 2011 version with any data other than name and address. That is not acceptable so late in the game.

6) My state has been live and accepting E files but TRX has not even turned it on so that I can see if that works correctly. Most competitor software has it live.

I got a full schedule on Saturday, and I do NOT see TRX fixing all these issues by then for me to work on any of my existing client's returns.

I don't know when the next update is that will fix proforma but without that this software is useless to me.

Taxed,

In my personal return, I could see the Proforma brought the Schedule C, 4562 and 2441 will all the correct details; however, Schedule A is missing.

I have checked several clients and I see that the schedule A is not coming forward. With that said, this issue may be corrected in one of the coming updates. With that said, it is not too much trouble to just add the missing form. Also, Doug said if you e-mail him to be sure to let him know you are from this discussion board.

Ok guys, I don't want to spend the rest of the week as a beta tester for TRX and losing my own clients to competition. I am ready to move on to something that I can trust will work for me. May I suggest that if you have come to a final conclusion to move on go ahead and do so. If you go early enough, you might be ahead of the time it will take for conversion and learning a different program. Choice is yours so good luck to you which ever road you take. Waiting any longer to see if TRX works will only frustrate you more when time is limited to convert and learn.

1) Form 8829, no taxpayer name or SS# as required on top Don't know about this but will see if mine acts this way

2) Line #40 date placed in service can not be the year 2012 because it calculates 0 for depreciation percentage. If you put a date before 2012 it will calculate. This is the 2012 form??? Will check on this too.

Mine is correct

All of my information excep the Sch A has come forward. Again, look at the update details this was not addressed in this update.

Checking on this as well

I don't know when the next update is that will fix proforma but without that this software is useless to me. I can't believe that manual entry is worth spending additional 1k plus dollars but the choice is yours. I don' t mind manual entry either.

Terry, you are 100% correct. Waiting any longer for TRX to function like a professional tax software that we were used to for the last 2 years is only going to add to my frustration.

So I have to move on for the sake of my sanity and reputation and the accuracy of my client's tax returns which is most important. I don't want to be responding to CP200o and doing 1040X all summer long! The time and effort and expenses of doing that just is not worth sticking around and praying that it all works out!

So I wish you all a prosperous tax season, hopefully it will work out for you, if you are sticking around with TRX! Good bye!

Update 14 has been published. I have read all the comments and I am taking a wait & see approach for TRX to get things worked out. Looks like this update has some of the proforma issues that may be causing some of my returns to fail. I sent an email to TRX about the failed proformas and a response came quickly. They called but I was not at home (only do this part-time) so I haven't gotten back to them. I do not like having a quality organizer but only about 4 of my clients use them so I will use last year's and make it for this year.

I won't open official office hours until next week so hopefully things will get better. It sounds like it is and will be positive for now.

Scott_P

If you look at the details of the update, the proforma issue was not included. I have proformaed all of my individual clients and all of the data is there. I have not been able to proforma any of my business clients. I will be asking about this and the state issue in my e-mail to Doug. Doug has given me permission to tell you all that he is not posting on this board because he is tired of being chastised by some folks here. He will, and has, responded to e-mail. Any other issues that are not listed in the updates, need to be listed here in detail so I can e-mail them to Doug or you can e-mail them to him yourself.

Terry, I think you are only one get answer from Doug. I sent him email regarding the software bugs with my CID # 10 days ago, no any piece response from him yet. If Doug is chicken now, he is afraid to reply here now because he knows they are so many problems with his software. Thinking about why so many clients chastised him. If he can provide working software without so many bugs, and the preparers do not spend so much time to review whether the calcualtion wrong or right with this TaxExact, all these chastised voice will be got.

Terry, I suggest you to reveiw the tax and credit calcutation when you prepare your clients tax returns.

At this point, I am reviewing each and every calculation and am confindent that Doug and TRX will get this thing figured out. Doug is communicating with me and I feel it is because of my patience. In an attempt to help you, make sure you have downloaded the latest update. Due to the size of the updates along with the many areas they affect, I suggest using the greed dot in the task bar repeatedly to force the program to recalculate. Doing this corrects quite a few things you may initially see missing.

On a side note, Doug is no longer posting here because of the bashing he has been taking. He feels it is more important to focus on working with the developers to get the bugs fixed. Answering all of these posts and especially addressing the negative ones, seems to me would have taken the lion's share of his time. As a professional, you should check the calculations of every software vendor and not rely on the software to be 100% accurate 100% of the time.

Just got this e-mail from Doug (yes, he still answers my e-mails as well - once around 3AM and once just after midnight):

--------

The highlights do not include the Sch A Line 5 even though it is fixed on the form, but on the worksheet it does not allow the Tax Payer the option to choose it will be in tomorrow release.
Highlights for update 4.0.0.15

Corrected issue which caused EIC/CTC to be granted to dependents who do not qualify for both credits.
Password is no longer saved to login screen, user must now enter it.
Corrected issue with custom letter choosing the wrong place to paper file return.
Corrected bug on form 5329 allowing IRA income to be taxed even though TP was older than 59.
Fixed bug on form 8880.
Fixed bug on form W2 related to code G on box 12.
Removed “DEMO” watermark from Form Peek.
Fixed printing bug for Schedule C
Corrected AEC message regarding SSN and ITIN being out of allowable range.
Fixed printing bug for Form 8283.
Updated year showing on Line 29 Worksheet for form 1040.
Fixed bug on form 2106.