ATX Community

client letter problem

Marie

I've tried knowledge base, options, etc. Problem: My combined federal/state letter has the right numbers for the federal and saying it will be efiled, but even though I have created the state efile, the letter says to mail the state return and does not say the balance due. The client letter will say the right things, but I don't know how to get the "where's my refund" on that letter. Any help? thanks

I just posted a similar complaint. In my case, I have a School return (OH SD-100) and local city return. Client is getting refund direct deposited for SD-100, but Federal Letter states check in the mail. Local returns cannot be e-filed...only mailed....but Federal Letter insists on stating that it is e-filed. Under Local letter options, I can see the option to choose paper file, but e-file is checked and it cannot be changed.

Yeas...I know that client letters are not as important as having a program that works with the forms we need....but for the price we pay for this software, we deserve to have everything work.

Just took the ATX webinar yesterday. They went through the client letters & the templates. You change the letters in preferences; however you can completely customize the templates in Client Communcation Manager and then use the templates instead of letters. (At least that is what I believe you can do). Check the templates and see if that will work.

maribeth